Re: [Czechlist] Re: zdravotnicky prostredek

  • Miluse Saskova-Pierce
    Message 1 of 51 , Jul 28, 2008
      I think that "zdravotnicky prostredek (y) are health products including
      such as desinfection liquid for floors, and "lecivo" is medication,
      including herbs, etc. Googling seems to confirm it.

      Mila

      Dr. Mila Saskova-Pierce
      Other Languages Section Head
      Department of Modern Languages
      1133 Oldfather Hall
      University of Nebraska at Lincoln
      NE 68588-0315

      e-mail: msaskova-pierce1@...

      Tel: (402) 472 1336
      Fax: (402) 472 0327

      "mir.capek" <mir.capek@...>
      Sent by: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com
      28/07/2008 04:48
      Please respond to
      Czechlist@yahoogroups.com

      Czechlist@yahoogroups.com
      cc

      Subject
      [Czechlist] Re: zdravotnicky prostredek

      --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, James Kirchner <jpklists@...>
      wrote:

      > Can anyone tell me the difference between a "zdravotnicky
      prostredek"
      > and "lecivo"?
      >
      > Thank you.
      >
      > Jamie

      Hello Jamie

      Lecivo - lek - lecivy pripravek (LP)- all of them could be taken for
      kind of synonyms, their use tend to alternate and substitute each
      other, putting certain degree of variety into the texts of decrees
      and laws. This is good for the native language speaker, but does not
      work for the outsiders. You will be able to spot tiny nuances in the
      usage of these terms but in general they are synonymic rather than
      hypernyms or hyponyms. The widest meaning would be ascribed to 'lek'
      and 'Lecivo' by most Czech pharmacologists or registration dept
      officials in SUKL, whereas 'lecivy pripravek' might sound more of a
      hyponym, this is brandname, or proprietary name of a drug, the
      word 'pripravek' translates as pharmacological preparation strictly
      speaking, something that was made of substances and consists of
      ingredients.
      zdravotnicky prostredky, prostredky zdravotnicke techniky,ZP are in
      fact all other things which get in touch directly with the body of
      a patient but are not administered into her or his body.
      You have to take into your account that instead of a 'patient' you
      can
      always encounter the use in a healthy person or patient as a
      diagnostic agent, or to modify physiological
      function or to prevent a disease (patient is not a necessary
      prerequisite for both categories). Broadly speaking, zdravotnicke
      prostredky as usually translated 'medical devices' are non-drugs.

      A bit confused & confusing:
      The three golden rule are:

      i. When something should treat a disease, modify physiological
      functions
      (contraception etc) or diagnose (x-ray contrast media, short term
      radionuclides) or prevent a disease (vaccines) this is ZP or LP

      ii. When in goes into a human body - this is an LP
      iii. when not this is a ZP.

      Hope this might be of some help at least.

      After all a very very good question worth spending time going into
      details

      miroslav
      prague

    • spektrum2002
      Message 51 of 51 , Aug 11, 2008
        Pouze "lecba" se da pouzit ve spojeni s instrumentalem - lecba necim,
        napriklad lecba klidem, lecba aspirinem, lecba ozarovanim apod. Mame
        knihy Saki (Munro): Lecba neklidem (The Unrest Cure), I.D. Yalom:
        Lecba Schopenhauerem (The Schopenhauer Cure). V 90 letech jsme meli
        televizni porad "Lecba Klausem" atd. Rekl bych, ze "lecba" ma v sobe
        spise aspekt metody, leceni spise aspekt casu (leceni bude trvat 3
        mesice).
        Petr Adamek
        --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, Bedrich Hadziu <bhadziu@...> wrote:

        > Jamie,
        >
        > SLOVNIK SPISOVNEHO JAZYKA CESKEHO defines 'lecba' as 'leceni'.
        >
        > I do not think that there is an actual difference between the two.
        >
        > It is true, though, that in Czech you would often hear "BYL JSEM NA
        LECENI" (in a hospital, in an institution etc.) but you would not
        really hear "BYL JSEM NA LECBE".