Re: [Czechlist] Re: Words for "test"

    Message 1 of 34 , Jul 19, 2008
      Thanks, Tom.

      This is actually a proofreading job from an agency that actually has a
      native speaker of the source language read the target language. (I
      instituted this practice at a couple of advertising agencies where I
      worked for a while, and you wouldn't believe how many potential
      liability suits the companies avoided that way.)

      So I'm basically reading to make sure the Czech accurately reflects
      the English (which it sometimes doesn't), and I'm leaving the choice
      of synonyms up to the native Czech translator.

      I think that in the particular text I've got, "zkusebni produkt" or
      "zkusebni vyrobek" would work well, since it really deals with
      cleaning agents.

      Thank you again for your help.

      Jamie

      Message 34 of 34 , Jul 19, 2008