Ucelova dotace/kombinovana kopie

  • lkmcginnis
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 15, 2008
      Thanks a lot for all your suggestions.

      FWIW, I think I'll just go with "special subsidy" for "ucelova
      dotace". "Special-purpose subsidy" covers all the bases but it
      sounds a bit cumbersome and Czenglishy to my ears... I think in
      English, "special" should suffice given the context (and probably
      isn't even necessary...)

      I liked Jamie's "targeted grant" as well, but all the sites I looked
      at where it was used seemed to be about giving special grants to
      various organisations to help relieve AIDS, famine, poverty-related
      problems, etc. Given this usage, I felt it might be a bit too heavy
      a term to describe a handout given to some director to make a film...

      As regards "kombinovana kopie", further googling after Matej's
      explanation seems to suggest it is a "composite print"...

      Coilin

      --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "grabanrad" <grabanrad@...> wrote:

      > How about "special/specific purpose grant"?
      >

      > --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Matej Klimes" <mklimes@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Coilin,
      > >
      > > you're the NS, so I'll concentrate on explaining the Czech side
      of
      > things:
      > >
      > > 1) ucelova dotace is a dotace which must be used for certain
      purpose,
      > i.e. you apply for funding to make a film, you say what exactly the
      > funding will be used for (say hiring filming equipment) and you
      have to
      > use the funding for that and prove it with receipts, as opposed to
      > buying a nice new car for the producer... grant is usually a grant
      in
      > CZ, although it does tend to be used for educational projects, if
      a film
      > maker applies for a grant, they will call it a grant in CZ...
      dotace is