Re: [Czechlist] Re: Help: regionalistika

  • Bedrich Hadziu
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 4, 2008
      Melvy/Coilin,

      My belated response to 'regionalistika' is below:

      Coilin is right insofar that it is officially a 'science'.

      Here is the Czech definition:

      http://slovnik-cizich-slov.abz.cz/web.php/slovo/regionalistika

      You can even study it at VSE, see:

      http://www.vse.cz/zpravodaj/2005_4/09.htm%c2%a0

      I find the definition laughable.

      I guess you could carry out a study of "psychological and psychosomatic phenomena of an indivudial as determined by the proximity, quantity and character of its neighbours" and found a new science on that basis called PSYCHOSOUSEDOLOGIE.

      I think this is much in the postmodern tradition of making a 'science' from laying a turd.

      Excuse my tongue but it makes me sick.

      Best ,

      Bedrich

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 4, 2008
        Regionalistics (sic) seems to be available in universities all over Russia -
        surprise?

        Gerry

        On 04/07/2008, Bedrich Hadziu <bhadziu@...> wrote:

        > Melvy/Coilin,
        >
        > My belated response to 'regionalistika' is below:
        >
        > Coilin is right insofar that it is officially a 'science'.
        >
        > Here is the Czech definition:
        >
        > http://slovnik-cizich-slov.abz.cz/web.php/slovo/regionalistika
        >
        > You can even study it at VSE, see:
        >
        > http://www.vse.cz/zpravodaj/2005_4/09.htm
        >
        > I find the definition laughable.
        >
        > I guess you could carry out a study of "psychological and psychosomatic
        > phenomena of an indivudial as determined by the proximity, quantity and
        > character of its neighbours" and found a new science on that basis called
        > PSYCHOSOUSEDOLOGIE.
        >
        > I think this is much in the postmodern tradition of making a 'science' from
        > laying a turd.
        >
        > Excuse my tongue but it makes me sick.
        >
        > Best ,
        >
        > Bedrich
        >
        > --- On Sat, 6/21/08, melvyn.geo <zehrovak@... <zehrovak%40dr.com>>
        > wrote:
        >
        > From: melvyn.geo <zehrovak@... <zehrovak%40dr.com>>
        > Subject: [Czechlist] Re: Help: regionalistika
        > To: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com <Czechlist%40yahoogroups.com>
        > Date: Saturday, June 21, 2008, 3:38 PM
        >
        > Here could it be more to do with regional policy or regional planning?
        >
        > BR
        >
        > M.
        >
        > --- In Czechlist@yahoogrou ps.com, "coilinoc" <coilinoc@.. .> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi there,
        > >
        > > Does anybody know what the fairly made-up sounding
        > > word "regionalistika" means in the following context?
        > >
        > > Kniha ychazi diky podpore krajskeho uradu kraje Vysocina sidlicího v
        > > Jihlave, jmenovite jeho komise a grantovemu programu na rozvoj
        > > regionalistiky,
        > >
        > > regional studies? regional affairs?
        > >
        > > MTIA
        > >
        > > Coilin