Re: [Czechlist] Help: film title and synopsis

  • Alena Rysková 2e
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 9, 2008
      Aha,
      but the Czech title, if i am not mistaken, was Blafuj jako Bekham, and as i have not seen the film, i would say blafuj here is dribble, not bluff (or both?). What a nice job translating is!
      Alena

      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 9, 2008
        "Kangaroo club"? Just watching "First wifes club".

        > By the time an English-speaking foreigner watches the thing, they will
        have heard about the kangaroo mascot, plus chances are they will see it
        in the opening sequence, so I wouldn't worry about the title being
        confusing.... after all, titles are allowed to be
        confusing/controversial, especially when the meaning becomes apparent
        after watching the flick..

        > Not being a NS, I'll let you think of a Kangaroo pun, a simple
        translation along the lines you suggested, but with the hopping animal
        in it would do, but something more creative will no doubt improve
        things, turn to the home of the kangaroo for real "roo" jokes and
        colloquials, as long as they are clear to International audience - I
        think we have someone from down under here on the list..

      • coilinoc
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 12, 2008
          Thank you to everyone for their suggestions.
          In the end I proposed Jamie's "Kangaroo Confidential" to them and they
          really liked it.
          It's basically a humorous look at the inner life of four diehard
          Bohemians fans, so it kind of fits the bill here, I think...
          C.