Re: Help: "third countries of the Third World"

  • coilinoc
    Message 1 of 8 , May 29, 2008
      Thank zou Helga, Matej, Jirka and Valerie.
      It turns out that in this context the expression simply means "non-
      EU Third World countries", so it seems Valerie was spot-on.
      Best regards
      Coilin

      --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Valerie Talacko" <valerie@...>
      wrote:

      > or not only re. foreigners in the CR, but it comes up often in
      that particular context.

      World"

      > Doesn't 'third countries' usually refer to non-EU countries,
      when you're talking about foreigners in the CR? i.e. not from the
      Czech Republic or another EU country? So 'third world third
      countries' are basically non-EU countries that are in the third
      world.