Re: [Czechlist] platby EK

    Message 1 of 51 , May 7 12:53 PM
      Big surprise: It turned out to be "eticka komise".

      There's the danger of translating naked abbreviations.

      Jamie

      On May 7, 2008, at 2:42 PM, Josef Hlavac wrote:

      > Just a wild guess: externi konzultant(i)?
      >
      > Electrocardiogram is usually abbreviated EKG.
      >
      > Josef
      >
      > James Kirchner wrote:
      > > Can anyone tell me what kind of payments "platby EK" would
      > represent?
      > >
      > > This apparently involves a medical study of a rare illness, and
      > > somebody's getting "EK" payments.
      > >
      > > Could it be something as obvious as an electrocardiogram?
      > >
      > > Thanks.
      > >
      > > Jamie

    • spektrum2002
      Message 51 of 51 , Aug 11, 2008
        Pouze "lecba" se da pouzit ve spojeni s instrumentalem - lecba necim,
        napriklad lecba klidem, lecba aspirinem, lecba ozarovanim apod. Mame
        knihy Saki (Munro): Lecba neklidem (The Unrest Cure), I.D. Yalom:
        Lecba Schopenhauerem (The Schopenhauer Cure). V 90 letech jsme meli
        televizni porad "Lecba Klausem" atd. Rekl bych, ze "lecba" ma v sobe
        spise aspekt metody, leceni spise aspekt casu (leceni bude trvat 3
        mesice).
        Petr Adamek
        --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, Bedrich Hadziu <bhadziu@...> wrote:

        > Jamie,
        >
        > SLOVNIK SPISOVNEHO JAZYKA CESKEHO defines 'lecba' as 'leceni'.
        >
        > I do not think that there is an actual difference between the two.
        >
        > It is true, though, that in Czech you would often hear "BYL JSEM NA
        LECENI" (in a hospital, in an institution etc.) but you would not
        really hear "BYL JSEM NA LECBE".