Re: [Czechlist] platby EK

    Message 1 of 51 , May 7, 2008
      This might be it. Some person needs information on "podani zadosti"
      and the man is asking for her bank information for "platby EK".

      Thank you.

      Jamie

      On May 7, 2008, at 2:42 PM, Josef Hlavac wrote:

      > Just a wild guess: externi konzultant(i)?
      >
      > Electrocardiogram is usually abbreviated EKG.
      >
      > Josef
      >
      > James Kirchner wrote:
      > > Can anyone tell me what kind of payments "platby EK" would
      > represent?
      > >
      > > This apparently involves a medical study of a rare illness, and
      > > somebody's getting "EK" payments.
      > >
      > > Could it be something as obvious as an electrocardiogram?
      > >
      > > Thanks.
      > >
      > > Jamie

    • spektrum2002
      Message 51 of 51 , Aug 11, 2008
        Pouze "lecba" se da pouzit ve spojeni s instrumentalem - lecba necim,
        napriklad lecba klidem, lecba aspirinem, lecba ozarovanim apod. Mame
        knihy Saki (Munro): Lecba neklidem (The Unrest Cure), I.D. Yalom:
        Lecba Schopenhauerem (The Schopenhauer Cure). V 90 letech jsme meli
        televizni porad "Lecba Klausem" atd. Rekl bych, ze "lecba" ma v sobe
        spise aspekt metody, leceni spise aspekt casu (leceni bude trvat 3
        mesice).
        Petr Adamek
        --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, Bedrich Hadziu <bhadziu@...> wrote:

        > Jamie,
        >
        > SLOVNIK SPISOVNEHO JAZYKA CESKEHO defines 'lecba' as 'leceni'.
        >
        > I do not think that there is an actual difference between the two.
        >
        > It is true, though, that in Czech you would often hear "BYL JSEM NA
        LECENI" (in a hospital, in an institution etc.) but you would not
        really hear "BYL JSEM NA LECBE".