Re: English names of a couple games

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 4, 1994
      Thanks Melvyn and Michael T. for your replies on the two games.

      Just a remark: I'm getting these split personality syndroms from subscribing
      to Czechlist and CzechEd at a time. It seems to me, there are cross
      references in the postings. Well, nothing lethal, I suppose.

      Jirka Bolech
      Liberec, CR
      +420-48-6202703
      +420-604-822298 (cell phone)
    • Michael Trittipo
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 3, 2000
        At 14:52 1994/01/03 +0100, Jirka Bolech wrote:
        >I've been fruitlessly looking for the names of "vybijena"

        Seconding Melvyn re the likely usability of dodgeball. Whatever
        differences there might be in "received rules" locally would be, I imagine,
        relatively unimportant compared to the similarities. For assurance or
        comparison, I offer a couple of pages showing the English term's basic
        meaning & its breadth:

        http://www.gameskidsplay.net/games/ball_games/dodgeball.html
        and
        http://www.indiana.edu/~recsport/intramurals/dodgeball/rules.html

        > . . . and "skakat panaka" . . . hop up and down it missing a field
        >each round after throwing a stone to it...):

        Again seconding Melvyn, re hopscotch:
        http://www.how2hq.com/how2home/kids/games/hm09gm08/hm09gm0801.htm
        and
        http://www.streetplay.com/thegames/hopscotch.htm