Re: "Aliquoting" neologism - help needed urgently

  • dparrot@volny.cz
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 6, 2008
      Could you please find me a decent Czech translation of this term? I have
      a temptation to use "alikvotovani", but this sounds awfully to me Czech
      ears. Perhaps "nalezeni alikvotni casti" is better. Google context is
      indicated below.
      Thanks a lot.
      Dusan

      Google:
      The term “aliquoting” is considered a neologism based on standardized
      Wiktionary criteria.
      Neologisms are newly acknowledged terms. They typically have not been
      in circulation long enough or widely enough for their social status
      to be determined. Neologisms can be nonces, slang terms, or even illiteracies.

      The citation of “aliquoting” may be restricted to certain other contexts
      that have not been fully investigated, such as industry jargon or regional
      use. The term may not generally be understood even within those contexts.

      [edit] Verb
      aliquoting

      The process of preparing aliquots from a sample.
      For samples that are suitable for aliquoting, take 15ml and place in
      a scintillation vial.

      [edit] Quotations
      1954 "The most accurate quantitative deposition can be made by gravimetric
      aliquoting procedures, although volumetric aliquoting is reasonably
      accurate." — Glenn Theodore Seaborg, The Actinide Elements, Page 710.

      2003 "In recent years, automated sample sorter systems have been introduced
      to cope with the workload of large reference laboratories and automated
      aliquoting systems have provided a simplified alternative to time-consuming
      and cumbersome manual aliquoting procedures." — Walter G. Guder et
      al., Samples:From the Patient to the Laboratory, ISBN 3527309810, p.
      44.
      2004 "The first part of statistical significance refers to sampling a
      container in a statistically significant way (more accurately called
      aliquoting)." — National Research Council, Improving the Characterization
      Program for Contact-Handled Transuranic Waste, ISBN 0309090903, p. 4

      End of Google
    • Sabina Králová
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 6, 2008
        Dobry den,
        zalezi na kontextu, v laboratornich stanovenich se casto pouziva "alikvotni cast", pomerna cast, ev. rozdeleni na alikvotni casti, preneseni alikvnotni casti atd.
        Doufam, ze Vam to trochu pomuze.
        Sabina