Re: Composite portrait

  • Robert Chudek - K0RC
    Message 1 of 19 , Mar 27 8:41 AM
      Matej suggested this tradition seems to be a thing of the past.

      This thread brought back a very strong memory of seeing these photos in shop windows in Horovice (west of Prague) while my wife and I were walking around the business district. I recall individual photos with information on each, gathered around a central theme in the center. I had taken photographs of some shop windows but, unfortunately, they are on a roll of film that was lost during our travels.

      We were in this area in late May or early June so we assumed this was a Czech custom during high school graduation. It made us wonder whether these display were in addition or a substitute for the high school yearbooks printed in the US.

      Whether they still do this after 8 years I do not know. But thanks for the memory, I had forgotten about this experience!

      Best regards,

      Robert Chudek

      Re: Composite portrait
      Posted by: "Matej Klimes" mklimes@... matejklimes
      Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:29 am (PDT)
      Not that one, that would be a single group photo... plus it's hardly a Czech term

      I believe these things are/were called "tablo" even if they are not the leaving highschool type, all kinds of outfits would have them 20 and more years ago, including workplaces and hobby groups, but it seems to be a thing of the past (apart from the highschool use, that is)... correct me if I'm wrong other Czechs, but for an American Czech thing, the name seems appropriate, they do not tend to update their Czech much and I believe tablo would be the word used for the thing before the war even if it was a Sokol or other non-school group..

      Message 2 of 19 , Mar 27 8:56 AM
        Yes, these class portrait boards are very definitely still done :) ,
        and yes, I do think they're in place of yearbooks in many places,
        although from what I understand, yearbooks are starting to become
        popular...

        Regards,
        jennifer

      • radekpletka
        Message 3 of 19 , Mar 29 8:25 AM
          I ja ti vyslovuji pochvalu pred nastoupenou jednotkou a dorazim, pokud
          nezapomenu. V tom pripade mne prozvonte na 728 110 303 a pripomente mi to

          Radek Pletka

          --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Helga Listen" <listen@...> wrote:

          > Dobra, dle prani vetsiny stalych ucastniku i cestneho hosta prohlasim
          > ctvrtek 3. dubna 2008 za prvni utery v tomto mesici :-))) a objednam
          stul od
          > 18:30.
          > Helga

          On Behalf
          > Of Helga Listen
          > Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 12:14 PM
          > To: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: [Czechlist] Pristi utery je 1. utery
          >
          > ... a neni to aprilovy zert ;-)
          >
          > Kdo se chysta do Bizona???
          >
          > Jardo, zajistis mistecko? Nebo mam ja?
          >
          > H.
          >

          > Ausgehende eMail ist virenfrei.
          > Überprüft durch AVG.
          > Version: 7.5.519 / Virendatenbank: 269.22.0/1343 - Ausgabedatum:
          25.03.2008