RE: [Czechlist] Creative (and rhyming if possible) translation: Brand or Bland?

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 3, 2008
      Hi Matej,

      > 3) Znacka nebo ma'c^ka (the second word is ma'c^ka, a moravism I suspect,
      comes from oma'c^ka, means someone weak or ridiculed), not sure if
      non-Moravian audiences would get it (Survey anyone from West of Vysocina?)

      Definitely no good here up in the north of Bohemia...

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 3, 2008
        > > 3) Znacka nebo ma'c^ka (the second word is ma'c^ka, a moravism I
        suspect,
        > comes from oma'c^ka, means someone weak or ridiculed), not sure if
        > non-Moravian audiences would get it (Survey anyone from West of
        Vysocina?)

        > Definitely no good here up in the north of Bohemia...

        No good west of Bila Hora either, it seems. Though I'm told omacka
        sounds okay here.

        Znacka neznacka - tot oc tu bezi?
        Znacka neznacka - fadni nebo poradny?
        Znac^kovat nebo pofackovat??? Hey, I don't do perfect rhymes on Mondays.

        BRRRRR

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 3, 2008
          THX to everyone!!!

          I like prdlacka and prdelacka best... avariation on the srac.. thing, but useable in print

          > > 3) Znacka nebo ma'c^ka (the second word is ma'c^ka, a moravism I
          suspect,
          > comes from oma'c^ka, means someone weak or ridiculed), not sure if
          > non-Moravian audiences would get it (Survey anyone from West of
          Vysocina?)

          > Definitely no good here up in the north of Bohemia...

          No good west of Bila Hora either, it seems. Though I'm told omacka
          sounds okay here.

          Znacka neznacka - tot oc tu bezi?
          Znacka neznacka - fadni nebo poradny?
          Znac^kovat nebo pofackovat??? Hey, I don't do perfect rhymes on Mondays.

          BRRRRR

        • tomas_barendregt
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 3, 2008

            > THX to everyone!!!
            >
            > I like prdlacka and prdelacka best... avariation on the srac..
            thing, but useable in print

            Znacka nebo fidlovacka? (AKA, Fidlovacka aneb zadny hnev a zadna znacka.)

            Tom