Re: [Czechlist] Creative (and rhyming if possible) translation: Brand or Bland?

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 3, 2008
      Znacka nebo prdlacka

      Jamie

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 3, 2008
        Znacka - nebo bramboracka?

        Macku my tady ve Vrsovice neznat.

        M.

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 3, 2008
          Hi Matej,

          > 3) Znacka nebo ma'c^ka (the second word is ma'c^ka, a moravism I suspect,
          comes from oma'c^ka, means someone weak or ridiculed), not sure if
          non-Moravian audiences would get it (Survey anyone from West of Vysocina?)

          Definitely no good here up in the north of Bohemia...

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 3, 2008
            > > 3) Znacka nebo ma'c^ka (the second word is ma'c^ka, a moravism I
            suspect,
            > comes from oma'c^ka, means someone weak or ridiculed), not sure if
            > non-Moravian audiences would get it (Survey anyone from West of
            Vysocina?)

            > Definitely no good here up in the north of Bohemia...

            No good west of Bila Hora either, it seems. Though I'm told omacka
            sounds okay here.

            Znacka neznacka - tot oc tu bezi?
            Znacka neznacka - fadni nebo poradny?
            Znac^kovat nebo pofackovat??? Hey, I don't do perfect rhymes on Mondays.

            BRRRRR

            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 3, 2008
              THX to everyone!!!

              I like prdlacka and prdelacka best... avariation on the srac.. thing, but useable in print

              > > 3) Znacka nebo ma'c^ka (the second word is ma'c^ka, a moravism I
              suspect,
              > comes from oma'c^ka, means someone weak or ridiculed), not sure if
              > non-Moravian audiences would get it (Survey anyone from West of
              Vysocina?)

              > Definitely no good here up in the north of Bohemia...

              No good west of Bila Hora either, it seems. Though I'm told omacka
              sounds okay here.

              Znacka neznacka - tot oc tu bezi?
              Znacka neznacka - fadni nebo poradny?
              Znac^kovat nebo pofackovat??? Hey, I don't do perfect rhymes on Mondays.

              BRRRRR

            • tomas_barendregt
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 3, 2008

                > THX to everyone!!!
                >
                > I like prdlacka and prdelacka best... avariation on the srac..
                thing, but useable in print

                Znacka nebo fidlovacka? (AKA, Fidlovacka aneb zadny hnev a zadna znacka.)

                Tom