Re: [Czechlist] tone-deaf

  • libore@volny.cz
    Message 1 of 19 , Mar 3 9:22 AM
      Hi,
      I would say brrrrrrr-type is bzučák, although it makes bzzzzzzzzzzzz
      sometimes as well.
      My idea of crrrrrrrr-type is old-fashioned hammering metall alarm clock.
      But bzučák was originally metall device too, now its mostly generated
      eletronically and the brrrrrr sound is not very popular.

      Message 2 of 19 , Mar 3 9:35 AM
        Hi,

        To me "brrrrrr" in Czech is mainly an interjection of displeasure, most
        often from sensation of cold...

        Message 3 of 19 , Mar 3 9:40 AM
          On Mar 3, 2008, at 12:35 PM, Jirka Bolech wrote:

          > To me "brrrrrr" in Czech is mainly an interjection of displeasure,
          > most
          > often from sensation of cold...

          The same in English. I was thinking "crrrrrrr", but I forgot about
          the C and wrote a B.

          JK

        • libore@volny.cz
          Message 4 of 19 , Mar 3 10:12 AM
            Well, I may be influenced by brnkat, brnčet, drnčet.