Re: zvonek

    Message 1 of 19 , Mar 3, 2008
      On Mar 3, 2008, at 11:35 AM, Matej Klimes wrote:

      > A bit of a daft answer, I know, but try asking a better question

      That's the kind of answer I wanted.

      I've seen some things called "zvonky" that were too big to be
      considered diminutive in English. That's what made me wonder.

      Thanks very much.

    • kzgafas
      Message 2 of 19 , Mar 3, 2008
        No googlil jsem hodne, skutecne micropig existuje, zda se, ze je to
        jeste mensi nez minipig, tak se mi zda legitimni prelozit to jako
        mikroprase.

        Diky,

        K.

        --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, Martin Janda <mjanda@...> wrote:

        > Miniprase indeed exists - that's what we used when I worked in the
        Czech

      • libore@volny.cz
        Message 3 of 19 , Mar 3, 2008
          Hi,
          I would say brrrrrrr-type is bzučák, although it makes bzzzzzzzzzzzz
          sometimes as well.
          My idea of crrrrrrrr-type is old-fashioned hammering metall alarm clock.
          But bzučák was originally metall device too, now its mostly generated
          eletronically and the brrrrrr sound is not very popular.

          Message 4 of 19 , Mar 3, 2008
            Hi,

            To me "brrrrrr" in Czech is mainly an interjection of displeasure, most
            often from sensation of cold...

            Message 5 of 19 , Mar 3, 2008
              On Mar 3, 2008, at 12:35 PM, Jirka Bolech wrote:

              > To me "brrrrrr" in Czech is mainly an interjection of displeasure,
              > most
              > often from sensation of cold...

              The same in English. I was thinking "crrrrrrr", but I forgot about
              the C and wrote a B.

              JK

            • libore@volny.cz
              Message 6 of 19 , Mar 3, 2008
                Well, I may be influenced by brnkat, brnčet, drnčet.