Re: QUERY: pig(ging)

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 31, 1999
      Kostasi,

      > Myslim, ze s timhle ti mohu poradit. V plynarenstvi, kde jsem kdysi
      > pracoval, se pouziva cistici JEZEK, anglicky "cleaning pig" pro cisteni
      > potrubi, coz jsou jakoby dva disky o prumeru rovnem vnitrnimu prumeru
      > potrubi, jsou spojene tyci a tento tzv. jezek se necha pod tlakem
      probehnout
      > celou potrubni trasou, aby vytlacil veskery sajrajt z potrubi.

      To je presne ono! Vrely dik. Je zajimave, ze to je stejne nakonec nejake
      zvire.

      Hezkeho Silvestra preje vsem

      Jirka Bolech
      Liberec
    • Radovan Pletka
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 5, 2000
        myslim si, ze temhle cisticim zarizenim se rikalo jezek

        At 08:12 AM 12/30/1999 +0100, you wrote:
        >From: "Jirka Bolech" <jirka.bolech@...>
        >
        >Hi
        >
        >Sorry to trouble you at the festive season of the year end. I'm doing this
        >awful text from English to Czech. It's a description of equipment for a car
        >body painting line by German company Durr/Behr. The English is rather bad
        >and
        >context poor, which makes it hard for me to see the meanings of some of the
        >expressions.
        >
        >There's one I'm racking my brains about to find the Czech expression for.
        >It's plainly called a "pig" and it's the name for a device that can travel
        >down a hose or pipe, a bit like a piston in a cylinder of a combustion
        >engine, but no con-rod (see http://www.starpig.com/Pig_Products.html).
        >
        >I would quite simply call it a "prase", but I'm afraid that's not it. Thanks
        >for any inspiration.
        >
        >Sorry if you receive this message more than once.
        >
        >Jirka Bolech
        >Liberec, CR

        >Get great offers on top-notch products that match your interests!
        >Sign up for eLerts at:

        >Shortcut URL to this page:
        > http://www.onelist.com/community/Czechlist

        Radovan Pletka
        Czech and Slovak Services
        P.O.Box 11202
        Burke, VA 22015, USA
        703 323 6659 phone
        E-fax 561 423 8233
        Mobile phone 703 980 8554
        pletka@...
        RPletka@...
        ICQ: 286 386 96
        www.czechtranslation.com
        Publisher of the famous weekly job list for translators/interpreters
        For more info see www.jobsfortranslators.com
        Feel free to request a sample (-:
        Subscription $30 per calendar year (or $3 per month if you are subscribing
        later in the year)
        (cash, check, VISA, MASTER and AMEX accepted)