URGENT: Power of attorney - sentence not clear

  • Helga Listen
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 4, 2008
      Zdravim ve spolku,

      The below is part of US PoA and I am not realy clear about the meaning of
      the part in asterix (*). As always, I do not need a translation into CZE as
      this goes into German. I only need an explation.

      Business Financial Matters: The Grantee shall have the following powers:

      to sell, assign, transfer, convey lease, any real or tangible personal
      property that I would have the power and authority to dispose of if I were
      personally present, more specifically to undertake all necessary steps to
      sell my apartment located at ADRESS ADRESS, in my absence, including, *but
      not limited to seeking court orders and injunctions to prevent the sale of
      any such asset without my consent.*

      Does that mean

      a) the PoA includes the seeking of court orders�..

      b) Seeking of court orders is explicitly taken out of the PoA (not to
      be included)

      c) Something completely different � What?

      I would say a) but for some reason I started to doubt�.

      Predem moc dekuji

      Helga

      Ausgehende eMail ist virenfrei.
      �berpr�ft durch AVG.
      Version: 7.5.516 / Virendatenbank: 269.19.19/1258 - Ausgabedatum: 04.02.2008
      10:10

    • Hana Jarolímová
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 4, 2008
        ..... predevsim usilovat o vydani soudnich prikazu a rozhodnuti, aby se
        zabranilo prodeji tohoto majetku bez meho souhlasu.

        Helga Listen wrote:
        > Zdravim ve spolku,
        >
        > The below is part of US PoA and I am not realy clear about the meaning of
        > the part in asterix (*). As always, I do not need a translation into CZE as
        > this goes into German. I only need an explation.
        >
        > Business Financial Matters: The Grantee shall have the following powers:
        >
        > to sell, assign, transfer, convey lease, any real or tangible personal
        > property that I would have the power and authority to dispose of if I were
        > personally present, more specifically to undertake all necessary steps to
        > sell my apartment located at ADRESS ADRESS, in my absence, including, *but
        > not limited to seeking court orders and injunctions to prevent the sale of
        > any such asset without my consent.*
        >

        > Does that mean
        >
        > a) the PoA includes the seeking of court orders…..
        >
        > b) Seeking of court orders is explicitly taken out of the PoA (not to
        > be included)
        >
        > c) Something completely different – What?
        >

        > I would say a) but for some reason I started to doubt….
        >

        > Predem moc dekuji
        >
        > Helga
        >

        > Ausgehende eMail ist virenfrei.
        > Überprüft durch AVG.
        > Version: 7.5.516 / Virendatenbank: 269.19.19/1258 - Ausgabedatum: 04.02.2008
        > 10:10

        > Translators' tricks of the trade:
        > http://czeng.wetpaint.com/
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links
        >

        > __________ Informace od NOD32 2847 (20080204) __________
        >
        > Tato zprava byla proverena antivirovym systemem NOD32.
        > http://www.nod32.cz

      • Gerald Turner
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 4, 2008
          It definitely means a) in my view. The "not limited to " means that other
          means could also be used apart from "seeking court orders and injunctions".
          I assume from this provision that the person's ownership to certain assets
          is being challenged by someone else.

          HIH

          Gerry

          On 04/02/2008, Helga Listen <listen@...> wrote:

          > Zdravim ve spolku,
          >
          > The below is part of US PoA and I am not realy clear about the meaning of
          > the part in asterix (*). As always, I do not need a translation into CZE
          > as
          > this goes into German. I only need an explation.
          >
          > Business Financial Matters: The Grantee shall have the following powers:
          >
          > to sell, assign, transfer, convey lease, any real or tangible personal
          > property that I would have the power and authority to dispose of if I were
          > personally present, more specifically to undertake all necessary steps to
          > sell my apartment located at ADRESS ADRESS, in my absence, including, *but
          > not limited to seeking court orders and injunctions to prevent the sale of
          > any such asset without my consent.*
          >

          > Does that mean
          >
          > a) the PoA includes the seeking of court orders…..
          >
          > b) Seeking of court orders is explicitly taken out of the PoA (not
          > be included)
          >
          > c) Something completely different – What?
          >

          > I would say a) but for some reason I started to doubt….
          >

          > Predem moc dekuji
          >
          > Helga
          >

          > Ausgehende eMail ist virenfrei.
          > Überprüft durch AVG.
          > Version: 7.5.516 / Virendatenbank: 269.19.19/1258 - Ausgabedatum:
          > 04.02.2008
          > 10:10

          > Translators' tricks of the trade:
          > http://czeng.wetpaint.com/

          Czech-In Translations
          V lesíčku 5
          150 00 Prague 5
          Czech Republic
          Tel/fax: ++ 420 235 357 194

          To see a World in a Grain of Sand
          And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
          Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
          And Eternity in an hour.

        • Helga Listen
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 4, 2008
            Many thanks to Gerry and Hana!

            _____

            From: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Czechlist@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
            Of Gerald Turner
            It definitely means a) in my view. The "not limited to " means that other
            means could also be used apart from "seeking court orders and injunctions"-.
            I assume from this provision that the person's ownership to certain assets
            is being challenged by someone else.

            HIH

            Gerry