Re: [Czechlist] Kredit

  • Josef Hlavac
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2008
      > This is interesting. Depending on the context, I might have
      > translated it as "high moral credibility" or "high ethical
      > credibility". You could say that about a politician, for example. Is
      > the "kredit" the standard, or does it describe how much people trust
      > the person?

      I'd say it can refer to both, if we stay with the popular (but in fact
      incorrect, as Jarda pointed out) usage. My feeling is that "kredit" in
      this context is a buzzword without a precisely defined meaning - and, in
      Google's opinion, you'll see someone praised for an "ethical standard"
      far more often than for "ethical credibility". So, that's why I'd
      probably go with the former.

      Josef