Re: [Czechlist] Help: Trados Rates

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 3, 2008
      On Jan 3, 2008, at 3:25 AM, Martin Janda wrote:

      > The trend - which becomes mainstream step by step - simply request
      > that
      > you charge clients less for an update of a manual (such as 95%
      > existing
      > stuff, 5% updates) than for a new manual. Sorry, I find that logical
      > too.

      Actually, I also find that logical when the job is largely boilerplate
      and a large number of the translation units are already in the TM.

      However, that assumes that the translations in the TM are of good
      quality. What if the language in them is quite bad, or even kind of
      bad and you'd never let that kind of rotten quality out of your
      office? Wouldn't the linguistic defects in those translation units
      render them less than a perfect match? How would you convince a
      client of that?

      One scenario is easy, though: An agency told me about TM they'd sent
      to a translator that turned out to be so contaminated that the target
      segments were actually in the wrong language!