TERM: DVD/CD covers

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 19, 2007
      Dear all,

      Can you please help with some CD/DVD labels and covers names? It starts
      gettig too complex to me :-)

      label - potisk?

      CD
      Front/Outside cover - predni vlozka (obal?)
      Inside insert - vnitrni vlozka? booklet?
      Back (U-Card) insert - zadni vlozka (prehybaci)?

      DVD cover - obal? booklet?
      DVD insert - booklet? vlozka?

      Also, I take it 'Audio CD' should remain as is, rather than become
      zvukove/hudebni CD?

      MTIA
      Martin
    • Veselý Petr
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 19, 2007
        Hello everybody,

        Can anybody help me render this phrase into English? For NSs who don't know
        this lingustic game: one person says a word and the other person should
        respond with a word starting with the last letter (or two letters) of the
        previous word and so on, the point is not to repeat already used words.

        If there is no such game in English, please suggest a similar one that you
        use and is widely known, it is one of the recommendations in a report on the
        practising of speech skills of a child with learning disabilities.

        Petr
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 19, 2007
          I think they call it 'word chain' (game) but let's wait for a NS
          endorsement.

          hth
          Martin

          Veselý Petr napsal(a):
          > Hello everybody,
          >
          > Can anybody help me render this phrase into English? For NSs who don't know
          > this lingustic game: one person says a word and the other person should
          > respond with a word starting with the last letter (or two letters) of the
          > previous word and so on, the point is not to repeat already used words.
          >
          > If there is no such game in English, please suggest a similar one that you
          > use and is widely known, it is one of the recommendations in a report on the
          > practising of speech skills of a child with learning disabilities.
          >
          > Petr
          >

          > Translators' tricks of the trade:
          > http://czeng.wetpaint.com/
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Veselý Petr
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 19, 2007
            Thanks, Martin,

            Indeed, the Mighty Google confirms your suggestion. Won't help with the CD
            stuff, though.