merchandising, cross and up-sell, etc.

    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 6, 2007
      I'm also in need of creative solutions this morning..

      Extend your merchandising strategy to the contact center, by empowering agents to make the same personalized cross-sells and up-sells that are on your Web site

      Can't come up with a good sounding and flexible equivalent of merchandising (in Czech) - the docs are IT soultions' sales brochures, mostly about e-commerce applications and IS's. They seem to use "merchandising" to mean "offer personalised discounts, promo offers, etc." as in you buy somethig, you get a junk mail offering something similar, or you take something from your shopping cart and you get an offer of reduced price and/or free shipping on that item..., but occassionally, merchandising is also used in the broader sense of "promoting a product, a site" etc., or even for the entire process of managing orders and distribution. (The entire project is about 100 NS, lots of different applications, same language and style, but slightly different usage in different docs)..

      Any idea about different ways to translate merchandising into Czech to fit (ideally all) the above meanings?

      Same goes for cross- and up-sells, anyone's got a couple of nice-sounding Czech terms fot those?

      Diky

    • Veselý Petr
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 6, 2007
        Same goes for cross- and up-sells, anyone's got a couple of nice-sounding Czech terms fot those?

        Dunno if they are nice-sounding, but once I translated these as "prodej v jine nebo vyssi kategorii".

        As for merchandising strategy, the nice and simple "obchodni strategie" would not do?

        HTH

        Petr

        Visit Your Group
        Yahoo! Groups HD
        The official Samsung

        Y! Group for HDTVs

        and devices.

        Dog Fanatics
        on Yahoo! Groups

        Find people who are

        crazy about dogs.

        Yahoo! Groups
        Special K Challenge

        Learn how others are

        shedding the pounds.
        .

      • Josef Hlavac
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 6, 2007
          Napadlo me, ze by to vsechno mozna slo pokryt "ceskym" slovem "marketing"...

          Dalsi brainstormingove napady, ktere se mozna na neco z toho hodi:
          "uvadeni do prodeje", "podpora prodeje"

          Cross-sells - "krizovy prodej" ma celkem dost hitu na google...

          Up-sells - co treba "doplnkovy prodej", "zvysovani prodeje", "prodej
          dalsich/souvisejicich produktu", apod...

          Josef

          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 6, 2007
            Diky Perte a Josefe...

            Obcas se nektere z tech terminu hodi, obcas se to da obkecat, ale znate to, nekdy je ta veta tak komplikovana, ze by to chtelo jedno slovo (zvlaste pro Cross a Up-sell), krizovy je jasny, ted jeste podobne jednoduchy termin pro up-sell

            Google suggests

            Vyssi prodej (dost doslovne)
            Prodej dalsich sluzeb (dlouhe)
            Prodej drazsiho druhu zbozi (mooc dlouhe ale vystizne)
            Zvyseni prodeje (ne uplne presne a le nekdy dobre)

            Nejlepsi je tohle:

            .. nabídek pro up-sell, cross-sell a kterou konkrétní nabídku poskytnout. ...

            Asi to tam obcas necham v ENG, ale samozrejme ne vzdy, to by tahalo za usi

            Nejake dalsi napady?

            Matej Klimes wrote:
            > I'm also in need of creative solutions this morning..
            >
            > Extend your merchandising strategy to the contact center, by empowering agents to make the same personalized cross-sells and up-sells that are on your Web site
            >

            > Can't come up with a good sounding and flexible equivalent of merchandising (in Czech) - the docs are IT soultions' sales brochures, mostly about e-commerce applications and IS's. They seem to use "merchandising" to mean "offer personalised discounts, promo offers, etc." as in you buy somethig, you get a junk mail offering something similar, or you take something from your shopping cart and you get an offer of reduced price and/or free shipping on that item..., but occassionally, merchandising is also used in the broader sense of "promoting a product, a site" etc., or even for the entire process of managing orders and distribution. (The entire project is about 100 NS, lots of different applications, same language and style, but slightly different usage in different docs)..
            >
            > Any idea about different ways to translate merchandising into Czech to fit (ideally all) the above meanings?
            >
            > Same goes for cross- and up-sells, anyone's got a couple of nice-sounding Czech terms fot those?
            >
            > Diky

            > Translators' tricks of the trade:
            > http://czeng.wetpaint.com/

          • Šárka Rubková
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 6, 2007
              Ahoj,

              pr�vnickem prekladu mam vyse uvedene slovo "repulation".

              Kontext:
              General repulation of enforcement of claims

              Ja ani me slovniky takove slovo neznaji, a tak si myslim, ze to ma byt
              reputation. Muze mi to nekdo ze znalym potvrdit nebo vyvratit?

              Sarka

              <http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=328964/grpspId=1705043588/msgId=
              35015/stime=1196935642/nc1=4776371/nc2=4725794/nc3=4840957>

              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 6, 2007
                I don't think it's "reputation". In my opinion it's most likely
                "repudiation".

                But it's almost certainly a mistake.

                Jamie

                On Dec 6, 2007, at 5:32 AM, Šárka Rubková wrote:

                > Ahoj,
                >
                > právnickem prekladu mam vyse uvedene slovo "repulation".
                >
                > Kontext:
                > General repulation of enforcement of claims
                >
                > Ja ani me slovniky takove slovo neznaji, a tak si myslim, ze to ma byt
                > reputation. Muze mi to nekdo ze znalym potvrdit nebo vyvratit?
                >
                > Sarka
                >

                > <http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=328964/grpspId=1705043588/msgId=
                > 35015/stime=1196935642/nc1=4776371/nc2=4725794/nc3=4840957>

                > Translators' tricks of the trade:
                > http://czeng.wetpaint.com/
                >

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Helga Listen
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 6, 2007
                  Velky Eichborn *repulation* take nezna.
                  Priklanila bych se ale tomu, ze to znamena *regulation* (allgemeine Regelung
                  der Durchsetzung von Forderungen - bohusel cesky to neumim rici).
                  H.

                  právnickem prekladu mam vyse uvedene slovo "repulation".

                  Kontext:
                  General repulation of enforcement of claims

                  Ja ani me slovniky takove slovo neznaji, a tak si myslim, ze to ma byt
                  reputation. Muze mi to nekdo ze znalym potvrdit nebo vyvratit?

                  Sarka

                  Ausgehende eMail ist virenfrei.
                  Überprüft durch AVG.
                  Version: 7.5.503 / Virendatenbank: 269.16.15/1173 - Ausgabedatum: 05.12.2007
                  21:29
                • Alena Ryšková 2e

                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 6, 2007
                      Ahoj, Sarko!
                      Souhlasim s Helgou, taky myslim, ze to bude "regulation", a tedy cela
                      formulace by cesky mohla byt "obecna pravni uprava vymahani pohledavek".
                      S pozdravem,
                      Jarda

                      Message 10 of 10 , Dec 6, 2007
                        Díky moc všem,

                        Podle obsahu dalších stránek by to mohlo být skutečně regulation - jsem z
                        textu (tu angličtinu rozhodně nepsal rodilák) tak zblblá, že mě to
                        nenapadlo.

                        Sarka