RE: [Czechlist] ANCOVA

  • Sabina Králová
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 5, 2007
      Diky, ja vim, co to znamena, nasla jsem si to na Googlu, ale cesky pro to
      nemam ekvivalent. Sabina

      The purpose of ancova to compare two or more regression lines. It is a way
      of comparing the Y variable among groups while statistically controlling for
      variation in Y caused by variation in the X variable. For example, let's say
      you want to know whether the Cope's gray treefrog, Hyla chrysoscelis, has a
      different calling rate than the eastern gray treefrog, Hyla versicolor,
      which has twice as many chromosomes as H. chrysoscelis but is
      morphologically identical. As shown on the regression web page, the calling
      rate of eastern gray treefrogs is correlated with temperature, so you need
      to control for that.