Re: [Czechlist] ANCOVA

    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 5, 2007
      Coz podle me prave vyjadruje to "vlivu na".... Neni to muj obor a nemam cas se ted vzdelavat a Googlit to, ale podle syntaxe bych ten vyznam takhle odhadnul..

      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 5, 2007
        Diky, ja vim, co to znamena, nasla jsem si to na Googlu, ale cesky pro to
        nemam ekvivalent. Sabina

        The purpose of ancova to compare two or more regression lines. It is a way
        of comparing the Y variable among groups while statistically controlling for
        variation in Y caused by variation in the X variable. For example, let's say
        you want to know whether the Cope's gray treefrog, Hyla chrysoscelis, has a
        different calling rate than the eastern gray treefrog, Hyla versicolor,
        which has twice as many chromosomes as H. chrysoscelis but is
        morphologically identical. As shown on the regression web page, the calling
        rate of eastern gray treefrogs is correlated with temperature, so you need
        to control for that.