Re: Three financial terms

  • grabanrad
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 17, 2007
      Thanks Valery. I know what these terms mean but I'm after their
      Czech/Slovak equivalent
      --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Valerie Talacko" <valerie@...> wrote:

      > There's an explanation of stakeholder pensions here:
      http://www.stakeholderhelpline.org.uk/whatis.asp. A stakeholder pension
      can be an occupational pension, as long as the occupational pension
      conforms to certain legislative standards - e.g. a 1% cap on fees so
      the schemes are low-cost. The government introduced it in 2001 in a
      reform of the pension system. Stakeholder was, indeed, the buzzword of
      the day (the 'stakeholder society' was a favourite Blair phrase, and
      the word was used in this case to make pension reform sound more
      acceptable).

      > The State Earnings-Related Pension Scheme (SERPS) is described here.
      Since 2002 it's been called the state second pension (i.e. it's in
      addition to the basic state pension) but I have a feeling that people
      still refer to SERPS, especially inasmuch as you can have a SERPS
      pension related to your pre-2002 contributions. You can opt out of
      making these contributions and put the money in a private pension
      instead.

      http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/PensionsAndRetirement/St\
      atePension/DG_4017827

      > Valerie