RE: [Czechlist] Re: Help: zadavatel

  • Sabina Králová
    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 6, 2007
      Sorry - hlavní zkoušející
      Sabina
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Czechlist@yahoogroups.com]On
      Behalf Of Sabina Králová
      Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2007 11:21 AM
      To: Czechlist@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [Czechlist] Re: Help: zadavatel

      I know I am rather late and I did not follow this - but there is a
      standard
      translation for
      principal investigator - hlavni zkušející
      sponsor - zadavatel
      Sabina
      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 6, 2007
        --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, Sabina Králová <Sabina.Kralova@...>
        wrote:

        > I know I am rather late and I did not follow this - but there is a
        standard
        > translation for
        > principal investigator - hlavni zkušející
        > sponsor - zadavatel

        I agree but Coilin's predicament stems from the fact that there is
        both a "sponzor" and "zadavatel" in this study, two separate entities.
        I think that's the confusing part. So we were suggesting maybe in this
        particular case it sounds like the party Coilin's text calls
        "zadavatel" does what usually the "principal investigator" would do.

        Tom
        Message 3 of 18 , Nov 6, 2007
          Has anyone looked on the websites of pharmaceutical development
          consultants and seen if there's something there?

          Jamie

          On Nov 6, 2007, at 10:19 AM, tomas_barendregt wrote:

          > --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, Sabina Kr�lov� <Sabina.Kralova@...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > I know I am rather late and I did not follow this - but there is a
          > standard
          > > translation for
          > > principal investigator - hlavni zku�ej�c�
          > > sponsor - zadavatel
          >
          > I agree but Coilin's predicament stems from the fact that there is
          > both a "sponzor" and "zadavatel" in this study, two separate entities.
          > I think that's the confusing part. So we were suggesting maybe in this
          > particular case it sounds like the party Coilin's text calls
          > "zadavatel" does what usually the "principal investigator" would do.
          >
          > Tom

        • coilinoc
          Message 4 of 18 , Nov 6, 2007
            Thanks for the additional input, guys.
            The more I look at it, the more I think that "zadavatel" is indeed the
            "sponsor" in the sense of the Act on Pharmaceuticals in that it
            coordinates all aspects of the study. I'm beginning to think that they
            put this clause in to ensure that this sponsorship is not confused
            with the role of the other party who is simply a financial
            sponsor/backer or patron of the research.
            Still hard to come up with a two different terms in English, though...
            C.

            > Has anyone looked on the websites of pharmaceutical development
            > consultants and seen if there's something there?
            >
            > Jamie
            >
            > On Nov 6, 2007, at 10:19 AM, tomas_barendregt wrote:
            >
            > > --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, Sabina Králová <Sabina.Kralova@>
            > > wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I know I am rather late and I did not follow this - but there is a
            > > standard
            > > > translation for
            > > > principal investigator - hlavni zkušející
            > > > sponsor - zadavatel
            > >
            > > I agree but Coilin's predicament stems from the fact that there is
            > > both a "sponzor" and "zadavatel" in this study, two separate entities.
            > > I think that's the confusing part. So we were suggesting maybe in this
            > > particular case it sounds like the party Coilin's text calls
            > > "zadavatel" does what usually the "principal investigator" would do.
            > >
            > > Tom

          • tomas_barendregt
            Message 5 of 18 , Nov 6, 2007
              --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "coilinoc" <coilinoc@...> wrote:

              > Thanks for the additional input, guys.
              > The more I look at it, the more I think that "zadavatel" is indeed the
              > "sponsor" in the sense of the Act on Pharmaceuticals in that it
              > coordinates all aspects of the study. I'm beginning to think that they
              > put this clause in to ensure that this sponsorship is not confused
              > with the role of the other party who is simply a financial
              > sponsor/backer or patron of the research.
              > Still hard to come up with a two different terms in English, though...

              Underwriter (for the financing sponsor)?