Re: Help: zadavatel

  • tomas_barendregt
    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 5, 2007
      --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "coilinoc" <coilinoc@...> wrote:

      > You're right, it's basically an individual researcher. She's in charge
      > of "zahajeni, rizeni, provadeni a hodnoceni studie dle zak c. 79/1997
      > Sb. o lecivech."
      > I've thought of maybe using something long-winded like "the party
      > commissioning the study", but I was just afraid that as it seems to be
      > a term that is enshrined in the legislation so to speak there might
      > be a standard English "trade links" style translation for it
      somewhere...
      > If not, "coordinator" might work though
      > Coilin

      I took a look at the zakon (79/1997) and did not really find a good
      clue there. It seems it only mentions a "zkousejici" (who I would call
      "investigator") and "zadavatel" which, again, I would think is
      "sponsor". The Act itself does not mention "sponzor" so I am not
      exactly sure what this entity really is...

      From translating study-related texts into Czech, I remember there are
      sometimes "primary investigators" - could this be the "zadavatel" in
      your case? These are probably some head physicians collecting input
      from individual investigators/sites.

      Tom
      Message 2 of 18 , Nov 5, 2007
        Well, unless it features somewhere else, I'd go fo applicant here

        Message 3 of 18 , Nov 5, 2007
          Coilin, can you copy and paste the relevant part(s)?

          Martin

          Matej Klimes napsal(a):

          > Well, unless it features somewhere else, I'd go fo applicant here

        • coilinoc
          Message 4 of 18 , Nov 5, 2007
            --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, Martin Janda <mjanda@...> wrote:

            > Coilin, can you copy and paste the relevant part(s)?

            Hi Martin,
            here is the offending paragraph:

            Jedna se o vyslovne v bodu dva uvedenou studii vyzkumníka, ktery je
            jejim zadavatelem a XXX podporuje tuto studii jako financni sponzor, a
            neni zodpovedny za zahajeni, rizeni, provedeni a vyhodnoceni této
            studie. XXX nebude v souvislosti s vyse uvedenou vyzkumnou cinnosti
            udelovat vyzkumnikovi zadné prime instrukce, a take jinak nebude
            uplatnovat primy vliv na prubeh vyzkumu u vyzkumnika.

            And here is the "point two above" which the text refers to:

            XXX bude podporovat výzkumnou činnost po obdobi od listopad 2007 do
            cervna 2008 a zavazuje se poskytnout prispěvek uvedeny v § 3 této
            smlouvy. Vyzkumnik se zavazuje tyto prispevky pouzit vylucne pro vyse
            uvedenou studii. Naklady prevysujici prispevek na studii uhradi
            vylucne vyzkumnik.

            Incidentally, is there any reason why "prispevek" can suddenly become
            "prispevky" in the second sentence or is it a mistake...?

            Many thanks again
            Coilin

            Message 5 of 18 , Nov 5, 2007
              Hi Coilin again,

              Looks like this is either a poorly translated text from English, or the
              writer is a bit behind the current terminology. Anyway, I would suggest
              the following:

              vyzkumnik - Principal Investigator (... who commissioned the study)
              sponzor - Sponsor
              prispevek = prispevky (IMHO no distinction intended)

              hth
              Martin

              coilinoc napsal(a):

              > Martin Janda <mjanda@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Coilin, can you copy and paste the relevant part(s)?
              >
              > Hi Martin,
              > here is the offending paragraph:
              >
              > Jedna se o vyslovne v bodu dva uvedenou studii vyzkumníka, ktery je
              > jejim zadavatelem a XXX podporuje tuto studii jako financni sponzor, a
              > neni zodpovedny za zahajeni, rizeni, provedeni a vyhodnoceni této
              > studie. XXX nebude v souvislosti s vyse uvedenou vyzkumnou cinnosti
              > udelovat vyzkumnikovi zadné prime instrukce, a take jinak nebude
              > uplatnovat primy vliv na prubeh vyzkumu u vyzkumnika.
              >
              > And here is the "point two above" which the text refers to:
              >
              > XXX bude podporovat výzkumnou činnost po obdobi od listopad 2007 do
              > cervna 2008 a zavazuje se poskytnout prispěvek uvedeny v § 3 této
              > smlouvy. Vyzkumnik se zavazuje tyto prispevky pouzit vylucne pro vyse
              > uvedenou studii. Naklady prevysujici prispevek na studii uhradi
              > vylucne vyzkumnik.
              >
              > Incidentally, is there any reason why "prispevek" can suddenly become
              > "prispevky" in the second sentence or is it a mistake...?
              >
              > Many thanks again
              > Coilin
              >
              > > Martin
              > >
              > > Matej Klimes napsal(a):
              > > >
              > > > Well, unless it features somewhere else, I'd go fo applicant here

            • coilinoc
              Message 6 of 18 , Nov 6, 2007
                Thanks, Martin (and Tom and Matej)
                Coilin

                Message 7 of 18 , Nov 6, 2007
                  I haven't looked at the whole thread - I assumed from your sample that zadavatel was the company making the drug and then requesting SUKL to approve it - I think I have encountered this and solved it with applicant before... but your situation is probably different..

                  Message 8 of 18 , Nov 6, 2007
                    I know I am rather late and I did not follow this - but there is a standard
                    translation for
                    principal investigator - hlavni zkušející
                    sponsor - zadavatel
                    Sabina

                    coilinoc napsal(a):

                    > Martin Janda <mjanda@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Coilin, can you copy and paste the relevant part(s)?
                    >
                    > Hi Martin,
                    > here is the offending paragraph:
                    >
                    > Jedna se o vyslovne v bodu dva uvedenou studii vyzkumníka, ktery je
                    > jejim zadavatelem a XXX podporuje tuto studii jako financni sponzor, a
                    > neni zodpovedny za zahajeni, rizeni, provedeni a vyhodnoceni této
                    > studie. XXX nebude v souvislosti s vyse uvedenou vyzkumnou cinnosti
                    > udelovat vyzkumnikovi zadné prime instrukce, a take jinak nebude
                    > uplatnovat primy vliv na prubeh vyzkumu u vyzkumnika.
                    >
                    > And here is the "point two above" which the text refers to:
                    >
                    > XXX bude podporovat výzkumnou činnost po obdobi od listopad 2007 do
                    > cervna 2008 a zavazuje se poskytnout prispěvek uvedeny v § 3 této
                    > smlouvy. Vyzkumnik se zavazuje tyto prispevky pouzit vylucne pro vyse
                    > uvedenou studii. Naklady prevysujici prispevek na studii uhradi
                    > vylucne vyzkumnik.
                    >
                    > Incidentally, is there any reason why "prispevek" can suddenly become
                    > "prispevky" in the second sentence or is it a mistake...?
                    >
                    > Many thanks again
                    > Coilin
                    >
                    > > Martin
                    > >
                    > > Matej Klimes napsal(a):
                    > > >
                    > > > Well, unless it features somewhere else, I'd go fo applicant here

                    gRzbGsDcnBseQRzdGltZQMxMTk0MzM0NDUx?act=reply&messageNum=34801>

                  • Sabina Králová

                      Message 10 of 18 , Nov 6, 2007
                        --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, Sabina Králová <Sabina.Kralova@...>
                        wrote:

                        > I know I am rather late and I did not follow this - but there is a
                        standard
                        > translation for
                        > principal investigator - hlavni zkušející
                        > sponsor - zadavatel

                        I agree but Coilin's predicament stems from the fact that there is
                        both a "sponzor" and "zadavatel" in this study, two separate entities.
                        I think that's the confusing part. So we were suggesting maybe in this
                        particular case it sounds like the party Coilin's text calls
                        "zadavatel" does what usually the "principal investigator" would do.

                        Tom
                        Message 11 of 18 , Nov 6, 2007
                          Has anyone looked on the websites of pharmaceutical development
                          consultants and seen if there's something there?

                          Jamie

                          On Nov 6, 2007, at 10:19 AM, tomas_barendregt wrote:

                          > --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, Sabina Kr�lov� <Sabina.Kralova@...>
                          > wrote:
                          > >
                          > > I know I am rather late and I did not follow this - but there is a
                          > standard
                          > > translation for
                          > > principal investigator - hlavni zku�ej�c�
                          > > sponsor - zadavatel
                          >
                          > I agree but Coilin's predicament stems from the fact that there is
                          > both a "sponzor" and "zadavatel" in this study, two separate entities.
                          > I think that's the confusing part. So we were suggesting maybe in this
                          > particular case it sounds like the party Coilin's text calls
                          > "zadavatel" does what usually the "principal investigator" would do.
                          >
                          > Tom

                        • coilinoc
                          Message 12 of 18 , Nov 6, 2007
                            Thanks for the additional input, guys.
                            The more I look at it, the more I think that "zadavatel" is indeed the
                            "sponsor" in the sense of the Act on Pharmaceuticals in that it
                            coordinates all aspects of the study. I'm beginning to think that they
                            put this clause in to ensure that this sponsorship is not confused
                            with the role of the other party who is simply a financial
                            sponsor/backer or patron of the research.
                            Still hard to come up with a two different terms in English, though...
                            C.

                            > Has anyone looked on the websites of pharmaceutical development
                            > consultants and seen if there's something there?
                            >
                            > Jamie
                            >
                            > On Nov 6, 2007, at 10:19 AM, tomas_barendregt wrote:
                            >
                            > > --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, Sabina Králová <Sabina.Kralova@>
                            > > wrote:
                            > > >
                            > > > I know I am rather late and I did not follow this - but there is a
                            > > standard
                            > > > translation for
                            > > > principal investigator - hlavni zkušející
                            > > > sponsor - zadavatel
                            > >
                            > > I agree but Coilin's predicament stems from the fact that there is
                            > > both a "sponzor" and "zadavatel" in this study, two separate entities.
                            > > I think that's the confusing part. So we were suggesting maybe in this
                            > > particular case it sounds like the party Coilin's text calls
                            > > "zadavatel" does what usually the "principal investigator" would do.
                            > >
                            > > Tom

                          • tomas_barendregt
                            Message 13 of 18 , Nov 6, 2007
                              --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "coilinoc" <coilinoc@...> wrote:

                              > Thanks for the additional input, guys.
                              > The more I look at it, the more I think that "zadavatel" is indeed the
                              > "sponsor" in the sense of the Act on Pharmaceuticals in that it
                              > coordinates all aspects of the study. I'm beginning to think that they
                              > put this clause in to ensure that this sponsorship is not confused
                              > with the role of the other party who is simply a financial
                              > sponsor/backer or patron of the research.
                              > Still hard to come up with a two different terms in English, though...

                              Underwriter (for the financing sponsor)?