Re: Moravian dialect

  • Beata Rodlingova
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 25, 2007
      > hang on a minute, maybe the father is selling wine?!

      Nice try :) No, seriously, I am pretty sure the expression "sedmicka
      vina" is a modern thing, wine sold in .7 bottles in Tesco and not from
      a reputable Moravian wine cellar.

      As for the father and lace, in the article where I found it mentioned
      they actually did say that "Dokud nebyly v kraji textilní továrny,
      palièkováním krajek i muži a hoši vypomáhali v obživì" in the very
      sentence where they speak about the various patterns and their names.
      So obviously Moravia is/was not that macho when it comes to making a
      living.

      B.