Re: Help: glosovani (food term)

  • Liz Spacilova
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 8, 2007
      Hi Coilin,

      I cannot recall ever seeing a term for this method in Czech or
      English, but the plate covers you are thinking of are called "domes",
      if that is of any help.

      Formal dome service sounds like a long drawn-out mass at a cathedral,
      though, doesn't it? "... formally served on individual dome covered
      plates ..." may convey the idea correctly though.

      I always thought the food is put on the plate in the kitchen, though,
      with this form of presentation (I've never had the pleasure of
      experiencing it myself). If the food is brought out on serving
      platters and 'dished out' to individual plates at the table, this is
      called Service a la Rousse.

      nazdarovye,

      Liz

      > Coilin, if there's an English term for this it's highly obscure.
      > have no idea if we even have a way of saying this. Google
      searches
      > are not helping, and I can't find my Czech-to-Czenglish culinary
      > dictionary at the moment.
      >
      > You might have to work it into the paragraph in some other way.
      I'll