RE: [Czechlist] 1st Tuesday is coming

  • Robert J. McGehee
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 2, 2007
      Hi everyone,

      I'm sorry, I know it's been a long time since I have come to any of the monthly gatherings, and it appears that I am going to have to miss this one as well:-(

      The problem is that I live "out of town" in Jicin, and my employer in Prague is not going to be able to offer me a free place to stay for the night this time around.

      Anyway, I feel that it is going to take me more than a few minutes for me to straighten out the problems that I am having with TRADOS. While I would love to be there with the rest of you guys at the "Happy Bison" restaurant, I see no point in lugging the company laptop all the way there from Jicin, and then end up having to cough up 900 crowns or so for a night at some flop-house next to an all-night strip joint;-), as I experienced one time before (there's also no bus or train going back to Jicin after 19:30). Therefore, unless I absolutely have to be in Prague on Tuesday for some other reason, I see little chance of my being able to go to these gatherings, unfortunately:-(

      At any rate, if any of you ever have the opportunity to be in Jicin over the weekend (or even from Monday thru Wednesday), Vera says that you're welcome to stay at our place (we have a separate guest room that is unused at this time). In that way you would have more time to explain how TRADOS works and to see whether I have the program correctly set up on my laptop. We're not far from the Kaufland in Jicin, at 560 Dlouha street.

      Take care, all. Ciao zatim!

      Robert the language Gecko!