Re: [Czechlist] TERM: Czech "kooperace" in accounting into English

  • Barendregt
    Message 1 of 41 , Nov 4, 2000
      Hi Jirka,

      I think 'outsourcing' may be a good word for 'kooperace' as described in
      your posting. I have not seen it in any financial statements but from
      the context given it seems to be a good fit. ("Company A outsourced its
      software localization work" i.e. some software localization vendor did
      that work for the company because the company itself did not have a
      clue/time/in-house resources to handle it.)

      Tom
    • JPKIRCHNER@aol.com
      Message 41 of 41 , Nov 9, 2000
        In a message dated 11/9/00 7:15:05 PM, kzgafas@... writes:

        >I think you Americans really need to adopt REGULAR decimal system, and
        >get rid of your miles, inches, yards, pounds, barrels, gallons, zillions,
        >bajillions, etc.-:)

        Sure! We could start to count like the French: "twenty, thirty, forty,
        fifty, sixty, sixty-ten, four-twenties, four-twenties-ten, one hundred". :-)

        In fact, some Americans already do! One of my ex-coworkers once said to me,
        "I been up and down dose stairs sixty-leben times!"

        JK