[Czechlist] FUN: Another candidate for "the Worst English Webpage Translation" competition

  • Veselý Email
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 2, 2007
      Hi everybody,

      I came across another jewel in the display case of our Czech state administration on the Internet. I wonder how it came to life, too good for a machine translation but too bad for even a bad translator.

      http://www.coi.cz/internet/(hvq1dl45x0stjg45d0js1v55)/default.aspx?m1=37

      Petr

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 2, 2007
        On Aug 3, 2007, at 2:03 AM, Veselý Email wrote:

        > Hi everybody,
        >
        > I came across another jewel in the display case of our Czech state
        > administration on the Internet. I wonder how it came to life, too
        > good for a machine translation but too bad for even a bad translator.
        >
        > http://www.coi.cz/internet/(hvq1dl45x0stjg45d0js1v55)/default.aspx?
        > m1=37

        Never underestimate how bad a bad translator can be.

        Jamie
      • Jaroslav Hejzlar
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 2, 2007
          Hi, Liz!
          That seems quite probable, thanks a lot!
          Have a nice day,
          Jarda