HELP - TERM: content master

  • Jaroslav Hejzlar
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 2, 2007
      Hello!
      Can you suggest how I should translate the term "content master" after the name of a person who is most probably the author of a document on protection of computers against malware? Or do you think "autor" would be enough? There is no other context. TIA.
      Regards,
      Jarda

    • Liz Spacilova
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 2, 2007
        Hi,

        That looks suspiciously like "content manager" (which our (Czech)
        company called 'content manažer' ...)

        But in this case the 'content master' following the name in all
        liklihood means that s/he is an employee here :
        http://www.contentmaster.co.uk/index.htm

        My guess from googling a bit....

        Cheers

        Liz

        --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Jaroslav Hejzlar"
        <jaroslav.hejzlar@...> wrote:

        > Hello!
        > Can you suggest how I should translate the term "content master"
        after the name of a person who is most probably the author of a
        document on protection of computers against malware? Or do you
        think "autor" would be enough? There is no other context. TIA.
        > Regards,
        > Jarda

      • Veselý Email
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 2, 2007
          Hi everybody,

          I came across another jewel in the display case of our Czech state administration on the Internet. I wonder how it came to life, too good for a machine translation but too bad for even a bad translator.

          http://www.coi.cz/internet/(hvq1dl45x0stjg45d0js1v55)/default.aspx?m1=37

          Petr

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 2, 2007
            On Aug 3, 2007, at 2:03 AM, Veselý Email wrote:

            > Hi everybody,
            >
            > I came across another jewel in the display case of our Czech state
            > administration on the Internet. I wonder how it came to life, too
            > good for a machine translation but too bad for even a bad translator.
            >
            > http://www.coi.cz/internet/(hvq1dl45x0stjg45d0js1v55)/default.aspx?
            > m1=37

            Never underestimate how bad a bad translator can be.

            Jamie
          • Jaroslav Hejzlar
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 2, 2007
              Hi, Liz!
              That seems quite probable, thanks a lot!
              Have a nice day,
              Jarda

              That looks suspiciously like "content manager" (which our (Czech)
              company called 'content manazer' ...)