Re: [Czechlist] TERM: kytarove figury

  • Gerald Turner
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2007

      > Wikipedia:

      In music, a riff is an ostinato figure: a repeated chord progression,
      > pattern or melodic figure, often played by the rhythm section instruments,
      > that forms the basis or accompaniment of a musical composition (though they
      > are most often found in rock music, Latin, funk and jazz).
      >

      > So riff sounds right to me too.

      Gerry

      --
      Czech-In Translations
      V lesíčku 5

      Experience*Style*Precision

    • kzgafas
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2007
        Ano, je to tak. Ovìøil jsem si to poslechem na youtube.com :-)

        Díky,

        K.

        --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Gerald Turner" <turner.gerald@...>

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 1, 2007
          I agree. It can be "riff" or "lick", or "guitar riff" or "guitar lick".

          Jamie