HELP: Education speak

  • coilinoc
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 12, 2007
      Hi there,
      I'm doing a school educational programme for some "forward-thinking"
      school and there are some education-related terms and jargon that I
      would be grateful for some help with

      Hrove cinnosti - game activities?

      Komunitni kruh - community circle???

      CONTEXT: Podle okolnosti a potreby ma moznost zaradit do uvodni casti
      hodiny komunitni kruh a vyuzit ho k rozvijeni vzajemneho
      poznavani(deti se sveruji s prijemnymi zazitky i vecmi, ktere je tizi)

      tematicke okruhy prurezovych(??) temat - no real idea what this is
      supposed to mean ((the word "prurezovy" has me particularly stumped...)???
      CONTEXT: Obsahove volitelne predmety doplnuji a rozsiruji ucivo
      odpovidajici pozadavkum prislusnych vzdelavacich oblasti a funkcne je
      rozvijeji. V ramci volitelnych predmetu jsou realizovany i nektere
      tematicke okruhy prurezovych temat.

      And then there are the names of some subjects?

      Rozsirujici literarni vychova (what the hell do they mean by expanding
      literature classes??)
      Dramaticka vychova (I presume this is just drama classes...)

      slovni zasoba z techto *konverzacnich temat a okruhu* (is this just
      something like "conversational themes and topics". Once again the
      workd "okruh" strikes me as weird...)

      „Kdo jsme kdo" - This is the name of a project on family relationships
      and people's place in society. Is it just some sort of idiom meaning
      something like"Who We Are"?

      pohybovy rezim - in the health and hygiene curriculum - do they simply
      mean exercise regime?

      ohleduplne chovani k prirode a ochrana prirody – odpovednosti lici,
      ochrana zivotniho prostredi, likvidace odpadu, zivelne pohromy,
      ekologicke katastrofy - this is in the "rozmanitost prirody a jeji
      ochrana" section. I can't figure out what "odpovednosti lici" (long i
      and no hacek over the c) Is it perhaps some sort of typo? e.g.
      odpovednosti lidi - human responsibility??

      MTIA for any suggestions
      Coilin
    • Agentura 2e preklady
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 13, 2007
        Just in brief
        Description of prurezovy sounds like multidisciplinary to me.
        odpovednosti lici seems to be typing error: should read lidi, I suppose.
        temata a okruhy - in school-focused texts nothing weird, themes and topics sound perfect.
        Alena

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 13, 2007
          Would 'The range of optional subjects also includes some multidisciplinary topics' be OK for 'V ramci volitelnych predmetu jsou realizovany i nektere tematicke okruhy prurezovych temat.'? There seem to be some redundant words there...