Re: [Czechlist] TERM: abbr: CW

  • Michael Grant
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2000
      >I am wondering what the German translator means: counter-clockwise or
      >clockwise? I would assume he means "clockwise", but it is so important to
      >know it absolutely right that I would like to get it confirmed by someone of
      >you who is familiar with this abbreviation.

      CW definitely means clockwise; counter-clockwise would be CCW. Of
      course it's possible that the author made a mistake, but that
      wouldn't be your problem.

      Michael

      Tel. (+1-512) 336-8911, Fax (+1-512) 336-8954
    • Miroslav Herold
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2000
        Hi Kostas,
        in EN documents
        clockwise = CW
        counter-clockwise =CCW.
        However, in Germlish you can meet anything.
        BR
        Mirek
        Ing.Miroslav HEROLD, CSc.

        tlumočník/překladatel/poradenství/volný novinář
        tel.: xx420 2 536549
        mobil: 0606 865870
        >My Germlish document I have been translating says: Machine must rotate in
        CW