Re: [Czechlist] your opinions please -- is location important?

  • Gerald Turner
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 4, 2007
      Sounds good to me. Wish I could say the same.

      Gerry

      On 04/06/07, James Kirchner <jpklists@...> wrote:

      > I'm in Detroit, and most of my translation work these days comes from
      > Paris. I don't know why, but it's okay with me.
      >
      > JK
      >
      > On Jun 4, 2007, at 3:49 AM, Gerald Turner wrote:
      >
      > > Africa, Antarctica??? Come on, Jamie, spill the beans...
      > >
      > > Gerry, agog
      > >
      > > On 03/06/07, James Kirchner <jpklists@...<jpklists%40sbcglobal.net>>
      > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I can't give you specific advice for the Czech Republic, but I can
      > > > tell you that most of my translation work does not even come from
      > > the
      > > > same continent I live on.
      > > >
      > > > Jamie

      Czech-In Translations
      V lesíčku 5
      150 00 Prague 5
      Czech Republic
      Tel/fax: ++ 420 235 357 194

      Experience*Style*Precision

    • Liz Spacilova
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 4, 2007
        Thanks everyone for your comments and advice. I wish I could take some
        of Radek's advice to heart, but I'm afraid it's too late (on the other
        hand, though, I'm glad I'm in the system, otherwise I would not have
        received maternity benefits for the past five years). Clearly, the
        quality of the internet connection will be the thing to watch out for.
        And perhaps any wild boar running about ...

        Cheers

        Liz
      • ing.Šárka Rubková
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 20, 2007
          Hi Liz,

          I usually live half a year in Prague and half a year in out cottage in
          mountains and I have never ever encountered any difference in number of jobs
          even though I used to have problems with e-mails and internet few years ago.

          So, feel free to do what you want to do and I do not think you will see any
          difference at all.

          sarka