Re: [Czechlist] your opinions please -- is location important?

    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 4, 2007
      I'm in Detroit, and most of my translation work these days comes from
      Paris. I don't know why, but it's okay with me.

      JK

      On Jun 4, 2007, at 3:49 AM, Gerald Turner wrote:

      > Africa, Antarctica??? Come on, Jamie, spill the beans...
      >
      > Gerry, agog
      >
      > On 03/06/07, James Kirchner <jpklists@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I can't give you specific advice for the Czech Republic, but I can
      > > tell you that most of my translation work does not even come from
      > the
      > > same continent I live on.
      > >
      > > Jamie

    • Gerald Turner
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 4, 2007
        Sounds good to me. Wish I could say the same.

        Gerry

        On 04/06/07, James Kirchner <jpklists@...> wrote:

        > I'm in Detroit, and most of my translation work these days comes from
        > Paris. I don't know why, but it's okay with me.
        >
        > JK
        >
        > On Jun 4, 2007, at 3:49 AM, Gerald Turner wrote:
        >
        > > Africa, Antarctica??? Come on, Jamie, spill the beans...
        > >
        > > Gerry, agog
        > >
        > > On 03/06/07, James Kirchner <jpklists@...<jpklists%40sbcglobal.net>>
        > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > I can't give you specific advice for the Czech Republic, but I can
        > > > tell you that most of my translation work does not even come from
        > > the
        > > > same continent I live on.
        > > >
        > > > Jamie

        Czech-In Translations
        V lesíčku 5
        150 00 Prague 5
        Czech Republic
        Tel/fax: ++ 420 235 357 194

        Experience*Style*Precision

      • Liz Spacilova
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 4, 2007
          Thanks everyone for your comments and advice. I wish I could take some
          of Radek's advice to heart, but I'm afraid it's too late (on the other
          hand, though, I'm glad I'm in the system, otherwise I would not have
          received maternity benefits for the past five years). Clearly, the
          quality of the internet connection will be the thing to watch out for.
          And perhaps any wild boar running about ...

          Cheers

          Liz
        • ing.Šárka Rubková
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 20, 2007
            Hi Liz,

            I usually live half a year in Prague and half a year in out cottage in
            mountains and I have never ever encountered any difference in number of jobs
            even though I used to have problems with e-mails and internet few years ago.

            So, feel free to do what you want to do and I do not think you will see any
            difference at all.

            sarka