Re: [Czechlist] Re: TERMS: naked owner & Regulations of Order

    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2007
      "Naked owner" is defined in the glossary at lawyers.com (based on the
      Merriam-Webster Law Dictionary) as this:

      > in the civil law of Louisiana : an owner of property burdened by a
      > usufruct <a usufructuary possesses the usufruct for himself and the
      > thing for the naked owner Louisiana Civil Code>

      The term "bare owner" does not appear in this dictionary.

      In terms of stocks, this sounds to my fallible ears like the original
      owner of shares that are borrowed for short selling. I could be wrong.

      I have no idea about Regulations of Order.

      Jamie

      On May 1, 2007, at 4:54 AM, melvyn.geo wrote:

      > --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "magda.ferstlova" <ferstl@...>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello everyone,
      > > I am not quite sure about the terms
      > > NAKED OWNER in connection with share capital
      >
      > I'd have thought that even in this context, what you have here is a
      > bare owner - owner without usufruct or use/nu-proprietaire/holy
      > vlastnik (Ctyrjazycny pravnicky slovnik - Tomasek)
      >
      > > and REGULATIONS OF ORDER -
      >
      > Reglements d'ordre? Jednaci rad? Just a stab in the dark.
      >
      > BR
      >
      > M.

    • magda.ferstlova
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2007
        Melvyn,
        thanks for both comments.
        I feel that you hit the nail on the head with the second one - jednaci rad,
        as it obviously comes from French and it makes perfect sense in the context.

        Magda

        _____

        Message 3 of 5 , May 1, 2007
          Jamie,