TERMS: naked owner & Regulations of Order

  • magda.ferstlova
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 30, 2007
      Hello everyone,
      I am not quite sure about the terms
      NAKED OWNER in connection with share capital
      and REGULATIONS OF ORDER - this should be a key company document adopted by
      General Meeting -
      Both terms come from Articles of Association of a Belgian company.
      TIA for any help
      Magda

      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2007
        --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "magda.ferstlova" <ferstl@...> wrote:

        > Hello everyone,
        > I am not quite sure about the terms
        > NAKED OWNER in connection with share capital

        I'd have thought that even in this context, what you have here is a
        bare owner - owner without usufruct or use/nu-proprietaire/holy
        vlastnik (Ctyrjazycny pravnicky slovnik - Tomasek)

        > and REGULATIONS OF ORDER -

        Reglements d'ordre? Jednaci rad? Just a stab in the dark.

        Message 3 of 5 , May 1, 2007
          "Naked owner" is defined in the glossary at lawyers.com (based on the
          Merriam-Webster Law Dictionary) as this:

          > in the civil law of Louisiana : an owner of property burdened by a
          > usufruct <a usufructuary possesses the usufruct for himself and the
          > thing for the naked owner Louisiana Civil Code>

          The term "bare owner" does not appear in this dictionary.

          In terms of stocks, this sounds to my fallible ears like the original
          owner of shares that are borrowed for short selling. I could be wrong.

          I have no idea about Regulations of Order.

          Jamie

          On May 1, 2007, at 4:54 AM, melvyn.geo wrote:

          > --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "magda.ferstlova" <ferstl@...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello everyone,
          > > I am not quite sure about the terms
          > > NAKED OWNER in connection with share capital
          >
          > I'd have thought that even in this context, what you have here is a
          > bare owner - owner without usufruct or use/nu-proprietaire/holy
          > vlastnik (Ctyrjazycny pravnicky slovnik - Tomasek)
          >
          > > and REGULATIONS OF ORDER -
          >
          > Reglements d'ordre? Jednaci rad? Just a stab in the dark.
          >
          > BR
          >
          > M.

        • magda.ferstlova
          Message 4 of 5 , May 1, 2007
            Melvyn,
            thanks for both comments.
            I feel that you hit the nail on the head with the second one - jednaci rad,
            as it obviously comes from French and it makes perfect sense in the context.

            Magda

            _____

            Message 5 of 5 , May 1, 2007
              Jamie,