TERM: taxes

  • magda.ferstlova
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2007
      Hello,
      I struggle with the following sentence, and as there seem to be a lot of
      experts in the list, I would like to ask you for any help.
      TIA
      Magda

      The windfall profit tax does not tax up to 500 USD of 1 ounts gold cost but
      taxes 68% of the over cost.

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 30, 2007
        On Apr 30, 2007, at 7:25 AM, magda.ferstlova wrote:

        > The windfall profit tax does not tax up to 500 USD of 1 ounts gold
        > cost but
        > taxes 68% of the over cost.

        This sentence is either full of typos or was not written by a native
        speaker.

        I know that "ounts" is probably supposed to mean "ounce", but "1
        ounce gold cost" and "the over cost" are not comprehensible to me.
        And I am usually good at this type of text.

        There's something wrong with the original.

      • magda.ferstlova
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 30, 2007
          Jamie,
          thank you for your comment. Fortunatelly it is just one sentence that the
          client needs to translate :)
          Magda

          _____