The new kind of client

  • Terminus Technicus
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 25, 2007
      This is what came through today, I'm sure some of you received the same
      thing, looks like a mass mailer, I didn't bother replying, but this really
      sounds like fun - I'd have mistaken it for one of those grow your - you know
      what - bigger things if it wasn't for the ProZ site on the first line, but
      on second glance it's really creative, especially the company name..

      Matej

      CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

      Dear Matej,

      I know you from WWW.Proz.com, we are the translatiion company base in Hong
      Kong, my name is Ms Sophine Lee

      Could you find the young girl and happy sound to recording those words in
      Native Czech? Sound should be like the English voice file.

      Pronunciation is for numbers four and three and for shape square and also
      color orange.

      For shapes hexagon, pentagon, rectangle, triangle

      Word diamond - record says "demond".

      Please let me know if you have interest.

      Thanks!

      regards,

      Sophine

      Warpwise Service Ltd
    • Jennifer Hejtmankova
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 25, 2007
        Ha! If my daughter wasn't going to speech therapy for precisely those
        sounds they want to capture, I'd sign her up!!

        jennifer

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 25, 2007
          You've guessed wrong Matej, the offer is genuine and so is the girl -
          she is running an agency in HK and has offered me several jobs in the
          past. Unfortunately, all of them at Hong Kong (= low) rates.
          Well, some clients want you not only to translate but also to supply the
          voice over (record) the translation - and sometimes, they need just an
          update to their existing IVRS script such as several words like now. But
          true, it might sound funny when sentences are composed from individual
          words for a customer calling to the client's IVRS system, and every word
          in a sentence is spoken in a different voice.

          Martin