SMSes over INTERNET

  • Bedrich Hadziu
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 18, 2007
      Hello,

      I am having problems sending SMSes to a cell phone number in the U.S.

      My operator tells me there is little they can do about it here.

      Do you know of a reliable internet way of sending text messages to cell phones in the U.S.?

      I do not mind if the services is paid.

      Thanks a lot,

      Bedrich

    • radekpletka
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 18, 2007
        If you know that the cell phone is with Sprint, you can send sms for
        free by email in following way:
        XXXXXXXXXX@..., where XXXXXXXXXX is 10 digit phone
        number.
        You can also do it from this website
        http://messaging.sprintpcs.com/textmessaging/compose

        I am not sure about other providers, but it should be similar.
        You can also call any US phone, including cell phones for free from
        your computer by downloading www.voipdiscount.com
        Free calls last only one minute I believe, but for 10 Euro you can
        activate the full service, which allows for unlimited calls to 35
        countries, mostly landlines, including Czech Republic. I am using it
        for a year and even calls to Czech cell phones are only 16 eurocents
        per minute, which is cheaper than most of other ways of calling.
        If you do not want to pay VAT on your 10 Euro, register with non
        European destination (smile)

        --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, Bedrich Hadziu <bhadziu@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > I am having problems sending SMSes to a cell phone number in the U.S.
        >
        > My operator tells me there is little they can do about it here.
        >
        > Do you know of a reliable internet way of sending text messages to
        cell phones in the U.S.?

        > I do not mind if the services is paid.
        >
        > Thanks a lot,
        >
        > Bedrich

      • Robert Chudek - K0RC
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 18, 2007
          You can check into the Skype service. It provides SMS capability along with voice and video capabilities. The basic service is free (in the US). I do not know their subscriber policies for non-US members.

          Here's the URL: www.skype.com

          Robert Chudek

        • Bedrich Hadziu
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 19, 2007
            Dear Radek,

            thank you for your advice.

            I do not know what "SPRINT" is. How can I recognize whether my phone "is with Sprint" or not?

            Thank you very much,

            Bedrich

            radekpletka <RPletka@...> wrote:
            If you know that the cell phone is with Sprint, you can send sms for
            free by email in following way:
            XXXXXXXXXX@..., where XXXXXXXXXX is 10 digit phone
            number.
            You can also do it from this website
            http://messaging.sprintpcs.com/textmessaging/compose

            I am not sure about other providers, but it should be similar.
            You can also call any US phone, including cell phones for free from
            your computer by downloading www.voipdiscount.com
            Free calls last only one minute I believe, but for 10 Euro you can
            activate the full service, which allows for unlimited calls to 35
            countries, mostly landlines, including Czech Republic. I am using it
            for a year and even calls to Czech cell phones are only 16 eurocents
            per minute, which is cheaper than most of other ways of calling.
            If you do not want to pay VAT on your 10 Euro, register with non
            European destination (smile)

            --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, Bedrich Hadziu <bhadziu@...> wrote:

            > Hello,
            >
            > I am having problems sending SMSes to a cell phone number in the U.S.
            >
            > My operator tells me there is little they can do about it here.
            >
            > Do you know of a reliable internet way of sending text messages to
            cell phones in the U.S.?

            > I do not mind if the services is paid.
            >
            > Thanks a lot,
            >
            > Bedrich

          • Bedrich Hadziu
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 19, 2007
              Dekuji vsem za rady ohledne SMS pres internet a Martinovi a Jardovi za vysvetleni "Lojzy".

              Jsem rad, ze jsem nebyl "urazen". :-)

              Bedrich

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 19, 2007
                Bedrichu:

                Sprint je ocividne poskytovatel komunikacnich sluzeb (ww.sprint.com). Takze
                se jedna o to, zda ten, komu chces tu textovou zpravu poslat, je "u
                Sprintu". Jestli to jde nejak poznat z cisla, nevim, takze to asi bud vis
                nebo nevis od dotycneho prijemce zpravy...

                Jirka Bolech
              • Mike Trittipo
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 19, 2007
                  On Apr 19 2007, radekpletka wrote:

                  >If you know that the cell phone is with Sprint, you can send sms for
                  >free by email in following way:
                  >XXXXXXXXXX@..., where XXXXXXXXXX is 10 digit phone
                  >number.
                  >You can also do it from this website
                  >http://messaging.sprintpcs.com/textmessaging/compose
                  >
                  >I am not sure about other providers, but it should be similar.

                  It is. For T-Mobile, for example, which I'm on, it's nnnnnnnnnn@...
                  (the n's being the ten-digit number); or via a webpage at
                  https://wmg.tmomail.net/customer_site/jsp/messaging_lo.jsp. When my
                  daughter was with Verizion, they operated similarly.