HELP: RUSKY SPELLCHECK PRO MS OFFICE

  • Bedrich Hadziu
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 15, 2007
      Zdravim na skupinu,

      muzete mi nekdo poradit, jak se da do MS OFFICE (do WORDU) doinstalovat spellcheck na rustinu?

      Nevim, jestli ho dotycny ma na instalacním CD? Jde to pripadne nekde stahnout z netu?

      Diky moc a krasnou nedeli!

      Bedrich

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 15, 2007
        You can get a Russian language pack from Micro$oft's website. It
        costs $25.00 for the pack, and $5.00 for the license. And, of
        course, they only have the packs to go with Office 2007, so there's
        no telling how it will work if you haven't upgraded.

        I think you might be better off downloading and installing OpenOffice
        (free) and then installing its Russian spellchecker (free).

        You can get OpenOffice here:
        http://download.openoffice.org/index.html

        You can get the spellcheckers here:
        http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Dictionaries#Russian_.
        28Russia.29

        There's another reason why I think every translator should have
        OpenOffice installed, which is that it appears to clean up corrupted
        MS Office files. Numerous times I have been sent corrupted
        PowerPoint files that do not display correctly, or that will display
        only in slide show mode and not in editing mode, and also Word files
        that appear to have macro viruses or some other problem. Opening
        these files in OpenOffice and saving them as PowerPoint or Word files
        from that program appears to clean them up, so that they display and
        function correctly once opened in MS Office again. The programmers
        who work on OpenOffice have an explanation for this phenomenon, but
        suffice it to say that the ability of OpenOffice to repair messed-up
        MS Office files has saved my heinie more than once.

        Jamie

        On Apr 15, 2007, at 5:17 AM, Bedrich Hadziu wrote:

        > Zdravim na skupinu,
        >
        > muzete mi nekdo poradit, jak se da do MS OFFICE (do WORDU)
        > doinstalovat spellcheck na rustinu?
        >
        > Nevim, jestli ho dotycny ma na instalacním CD? Jde to pripadne
        > nekde stahnout z netu?
        >
        > Diky moc a krasnou nedeli!
        >
        > Bedrich

      • Bedrich Hadziu