Re: [Czechlist] SPOJENI AKCII

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 12 3:35 AM
      For this meaning, American Heritage gives "Publicly issued and sold:
      outstanding stocks and bonds." Dictionary.com Unabridged gives "(of
      securities and the like) publicly issued and sold or in
      circulation". In this case I agree with my nemesis Millennium that
      the best translation is probably "akcie v obehu".

      Jamie

      On Apr 12, 2007, at 6:12 AM, Bedrich Hadziu wrote:

      > THANK YOU VERY MUCH JAMIE AND MIKE FOR YOUR VALUABLE HELP.
      >
      > ALTHOUGH I AM NOT SURE WHICH DEFINITION OF "OUTSTANDING" APPLIES IN
      > THE LINK ATTACHED BY JAMIE, THE TERM IS DEFINITELY WHAT I WAS
      > LOOKING FOR AND HAS ABUNDANT INTERNET INCIDENCE.
      >
      > ONE VERY CLEAR DEFINITION I HAVE FOUND AT:http://www.sec.gov/
      > answers/reversesplit.htm
      >
      > BEST,
      >
      > Bedrich
      >
      > Michael Trittipo <tritt002@...> wrote:
      > James Kirchner wrote on 04/11/2007 04:21 PM:
      > > On Apr 11, 2007, at 12:41 PM, Bedrich Hadziu wrote:
      > >
      > >> narazil na termin "spojeni akcii" - jde o nahradu vetsiho poctu
      > >> akcii o mensi nominalni hodnote mensim poctem akcii s prislusne
      > >> vyssi nominalni hodnotou.
      > >>

      > > This is called a "reverse split" or a "reverse stock split".
      > >

      > Confirmed. Lots of instances of that in SEC filings, for example. Just
      > plug the following into Google (keeping exact quotation marks and site
      > limiter) to verify its nativeness:
      >
      > "reverse stock split" site:.sec.gov
      > or
      > "reverse stock split" site:.gov to get a broader spectrum of
      > government
      > documents along the same lines. Using site:.edu will of course get the
      > U.S. university uses.
      >
      > Mike Trittipo
      > Minneapolis, Minn.

    • Bedrich Hadziu