Re: [Czechlist] SPOJENI AKCII

  • Bedrich Hadziu
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 12 3:12 AM
      THANK YOU VERY MUCH JAMIE AND MIKE FOR YOUR VALUABLE HELP.

      ALTHOUGH I AM NOT SURE WHICH DEFINITION OF "OUTSTANDING" APPLIES IN THE LINK ATTACHED BY JAMIE, THE TERM IS DEFINITELY WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR AND HAS ABUNDANT INTERNET INCIDENCE.

      ONE VERY CLEAR DEFINITION I HAVE FOUND AT: http://www.sec.gov/answers/reversesplit.htm

      BEST,

      Bedrich

      Michael Trittipo <tritt002@...> wrote:
      James Kirchner wrote on 04/11/2007 04:21 PM:
      > On Apr 11, 2007, at 12:41 PM, Bedrich Hadziu wrote:
      >
      >> narazil na termin "spojeni akcii" - jde o nahradu vetsiho poctu
      >> akcii o mensi nominalni hodnote mensim poctem akcii s prislusne
      >> vyssi nominalni hodnotou.
      >>

      > This is called a "reverse split" or a "reverse stock split".

      Confirmed. Lots of instances of that in SEC filings, for example. Just
      plug the following into Google (keeping exact quotation marks and site
      limiter) to verify its nativeness:

      "reverse stock split" site:.sec.gov
      or
      "reverse stock split" site:.gov to get a broader spectrum of government
      documents along the same lines. Using site:.edu will of course get the
      U.S. university uses.

      Mike Trittipo
      Minneapolis, Minn.

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 12 3:35 AM
        For this meaning, American Heritage gives "Publicly issued and sold:
        outstanding stocks and bonds." Dictionary.com Unabridged gives "(of
        securities and the like) publicly issued and sold or in
        circulation". In this case I agree with my nemesis Millennium that
        the best translation is probably "akcie v obehu".

        Jamie

        On Apr 12, 2007, at 6:12 AM, Bedrich Hadziu wrote:

        > THANK YOU VERY MUCH JAMIE AND MIKE FOR YOUR VALUABLE HELP.
        >
        > ALTHOUGH I AM NOT SURE WHICH DEFINITION OF "OUTSTANDING" APPLIES IN
        > THE LINK ATTACHED BY JAMIE, THE TERM IS DEFINITELY WHAT I WAS
        > LOOKING FOR AND HAS ABUNDANT INTERNET INCIDENCE.
        >
        > ONE VERY CLEAR DEFINITION I HAVE FOUND AT:http://www.sec.gov/
        > answers/reversesplit.htm
        >
        > BEST,
        >
        > Bedrich
        >
        > Michael Trittipo <tritt002@...> wrote:
        > James Kirchner wrote on 04/11/2007 04:21 PM:
        > > On Apr 11, 2007, at 12:41 PM, Bedrich Hadziu wrote:
        > >
        > >> narazil na termin "spojeni akcii" - jde o nahradu vetsiho poctu
        > >> akcii o mensi nominalni hodnote mensim poctem akcii s prislusne
        > >> vyssi nominalni hodnotou.
        > >>

        > > This is called a "reverse split" or a "reverse stock split".
        > >

        > Confirmed. Lots of instances of that in SEC filings, for example. Just
        > plug the following into Google (keeping exact quotation marks and site
        > limiter) to verify its nativeness:
        >
        > "reverse stock split" site:.sec.gov
        > or
        > "reverse stock split" site:.gov to get a broader spectrum of
        > government
        > documents along the same lines. Using site:.edu will of course get the
        > U.S. university uses.
        >
        > Mike Trittipo
        > Minneapolis, Minn.

      • Bedrich Hadziu