SPOJENI AKCII

  • Bedrich Hadziu
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 11, 2007
      Zdravim na skupinu,

      narazil na termin "spojeni akcii" - jde o nahradu vetsiho poctu akcii o mensi nominalni hodnote mensim poctem akcii s prislusne vyssi nominalni hodnotou.

      Znate pro to spravny anglicky ekvivalent?

      Diky moc,

      Bedrich

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 11, 2007
        On Apr 11, 2007, at 12:41 PM, Bedrich Hadziu wrote:

        > Zdravim na skupinu,
        >
        > narazil na termin "spojeni akcii" - jde o nahradu vetsiho poctu
        > akcii o mensi nominalni hodnote mensim poctem akcii s prislusne
        > vyssi nominalni hodnotou.
        >
        > Znate pro to spravny anglicky ekvivalent?

        This is called a "reverse split" or a "reverse stock split".

        Here is the definition at Investopedia:
        http://www.investopedia.com/terms/r/reversesplit.asp

        > Reverse Stock Split
        > A reduction in the number of a corporation's shares outstanding
        > that increases the par value of its stock or its earnings per
        > share. The market value of the total number of shares (market
        > capitalization) remains the same.
        >
        > For example, a 1-for-2 reverse split means you get half as many
        > shares, but at twice the price. It's usually a bad sign if a
        > company is forced to reverse split - firms do it to make their
        > stock look more valuable when, in fact, nothing has changed. A
        > company may also do a reverse split to avoid being delisted.

        Jamie
      • Michael Trittipo
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 11, 2007
          James Kirchner wrote on 04/11/2007 04:21 PM:
          > On Apr 11, 2007, at 12:41 PM, Bedrich Hadziu wrote:
          >
          >> narazil na termin "spojeni akcii" - jde o nahradu vetsiho poctu
          >> akcii o mensi nominalni hodnote mensim poctem akcii s prislusne
          >> vyssi nominalni hodnotou.
          >>

          > This is called a "reverse split" or a "reverse stock split".

          Confirmed. Lots of instances of that in SEC filings, for example. Just
          plug the following into Google (keeping exact quotation marks and site
          limiter) to verify its nativeness:

          "reverse stock split" site:.sec.gov
          or
          "reverse stock split" site:.gov to get a broader spectrum of government
          documents along the same lines. Using site:.edu will of course get the
          U.S. university uses.

          Mike Trittipo
          Minneapolis, Minn.
        • Bedrich Hadziu
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 12, 2007
            THANK YOU VERY MUCH JAMIE AND MIKE FOR YOUR VALUABLE HELP.

            ALTHOUGH I AM NOT SURE WHICH DEFINITION OF "OUTSTANDING" APPLIES IN THE LINK ATTACHED BY JAMIE, THE TERM IS DEFINITELY WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR AND HAS ABUNDANT INTERNET INCIDENCE.

            ONE VERY CLEAR DEFINITION I HAVE FOUND AT: http://www.sec.gov/answers/reversesplit.htm

            BEST,

            Bedrich

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 12, 2007
              For this meaning, American Heritage gives "Publicly issued and sold:
              outstanding stocks and bonds." Dictionary.com Unabridged gives "(of
              securities and the like) publicly issued and sold or in
              circulation". In this case I agree with my nemesis Millennium that
              the best translation is probably "akcie v obehu".

              Jamie

              On Apr 12, 2007, at 6:12 AM, Bedrich Hadziu wrote:

              > THANK YOU VERY MUCH JAMIE AND MIKE FOR YOUR VALUABLE HELP.
              >
              > ALTHOUGH I AM NOT SURE WHICH DEFINITION OF "OUTSTANDING" APPLIES IN
              > THE LINK ATTACHED BY JAMIE, THE TERM IS DEFINITELY WHAT I WAS
              > LOOKING FOR AND HAS ABUNDANT INTERNET INCIDENCE.
              >
              > ONE VERY CLEAR DEFINITION I HAVE FOUND AT:http://www.sec.gov/
              > answers/reversesplit.htm
              >
              > BEST,
              >
              > Bedrich
              >
              > Michael Trittipo <tritt002@...> wrote:
              > James Kirchner wrote on 04/11/2007 04:21 PM:
              > > On Apr 11, 2007, at 12:41 PM, Bedrich Hadziu wrote:
              > >
              > >> narazil na termin "spojeni akcii" - jde o nahradu vetsiho poctu
              > >> akcii o mensi nominalni hodnote mensim poctem akcii s prislusne
              > >> vyssi nominalni hodnotou.
              > >>

              > > This is called a "reverse split" or a "reverse stock split".
              > >

              > Confirmed. Lots of instances of that in SEC filings, for example. Just
              > plug the following into Google (keeping exact quotation marks and site
              > limiter) to verify its nativeness:
              >
              > "reverse stock split" site:.sec.gov
              > or
              > "reverse stock split" site:.gov to get a broader spectrum of
              > government
              > documents along the same lines. Using site:.edu will of course get the
              > U.S. university uses.
              >
              > Mike Trittipo
              > Minneapolis, Minn.

            • Bedrich Hadziu