Re: [Czechlist] Re: help ENG-CES non-enlarged meeting

    Message 1 of 40 , Apr 1, 2007
      On Apr 1, 2007, at 8:53 AM, Liz Spacilova wrote:

      > > Jamie, what do you mean by "false cognates"?
      >
      > I think he meant calque, but that's a French word. Or loan
      > translation, but then that's calque from the German Lehnübersetzung
      Actually, I didn't mean calque. I really meant "false cognate" in
      its current usage.

      To quote Horton the Elephant: "I meant what I said, and I said what
      I meant (and an elephant's faithful, one hundred percent)!"

      Jamie
    • Mihail Mihaylov
      Message 40 of 40 , Mar 29, 2010
        In fact, the future of Trados as an independent CAT tool is highly
        problematic. SDL Intl. acquired Trados years ago and now offer it as a part
        of a CAT package (different versions of SDL Trados). In SDL Trados Studio
        2009 (the last version) Trados is already an integrated part of the package.
        In my opinion, in a few years Trados will be eliminated completely.

        Unfortunately, there is no such thing as SDLX Edit anymore. You'll need the
        full package.

        HTH,

        Mihail