Re: [Czechlist] HELP En-Ces financne vyhodny, Ces-En level crossing

  • Michael Trittipo
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 31, 2007
      James Kirchner wrote on 03/31/2007 09:17 AM:
      > It's a railroad crossing with a flashing barricade.

      >> It is on solid ground.
      >> You can find a picture of it at:
      >> http://am.euweb.cz/images/df/img_m/1301.jpg
      -- with which I don't disagree, but only add other possible terms, such
      as "[railroad] grade crossing with warning lights and barricade" or
      "at-grade crossing with signal lights and gate arm" and so on. For U.S.
      terminology, check out the Federal Railroad Administration site such as
      http://www.fra.dot.gov/us/content/86. (Actually, as bureaucrats, they
      sometimes speak of "supplemental safety measures," but their definitions
      and press releases still speak English, and talk about lights and gates.)