Re: [Czechlist] TERMS: "sedací nábyte k"

  • JPKIRCHNER@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2000
      In a message dated 10/30/00 2:46:43 AM, hana.travnickova@... writes:

      >could someone please help find the English for
      >"sedací nábytek"

      I think that when everyone knows the context is furniture, we just say
      "seating". Otherwise, we say "sofas and chairs".

      >"sedací souprava"?

      A suite of chairs, a sofa and chair suite, a living room suite. It's hard to
      say, because a lot depends on whether it contains a sofa or not, what its
      configuration is, and whether or not it is meant for the living room. I
      wouldn't say it's limited to three pieces, as someone else in the group
      suggested.