Re: pronunciation - "psy-"

  • Liz Spacilova
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 24, 2007
      Regrettably I can't listen because I am MS-entrenched.

      You are right. SIGH-col-o-gist, SIGH-ki-a-tree -- all the sighing
      makes one want to sleep.

      But PSYRADIO is German and they may be saying PSY-Ra-di-oh in
      German, where the P is pronounced.

      --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, Hana Viansová <bebeebeee@...>
      wrote:

      > Hello again,
      > a friend said he listens to "PSYRADIO" a lot, and he pronounced
      the "p". I corrected him saying that in words
      like "psychology", "psychiatrist", etc., the "p" was silent. Now I'm
      listening to PSYRADIO myself and I think I just heard a jingle where
      they actually pronounce the "p". Could this be..? or am I hearing
      things..?! :-)